- 'Tis the saddest of all occasions which draws us together. The greatest of the great -- the most splendid of the splendid - hath been taken from us. Thus do we gather in respect for Odin. His word was law. His judgment sound. His honor unequaled. Without him, we are less than we were. As his son -- we begin these days of mourning and observance.
- -- Thor
Appearing in "Taking Charge (Part 1)"
- Beta Ray Bill
- Thor Girl (Tarene)
- The Warriors Three
- Odin (Corpse)
- Jane Foster
- Various Asgardians
- Doctor Strange
- The Living Tribunal
- Unnamed aliens
- Unnamed aliens' gods (Mentioned) (Killed off-panel)
Synopsis for "Taking Charge (Part 1)"
In Oslo, the heroes gather around the fallen form of Odin, and all of their fears coming true. Thor flies to Asgard to fetch Neffethesk and Cyra to try and save him, but to no avail. Cyra discovers that Tarene is no longer the Designate, she is only left with the power of an Asgardian goddess. They all return to Asgard to hold Odin's funeral, and Thor burns the Ring Imperial, sending the message out across the cosmos that Odin is no more. Back on Earth, Keith Kincaid has stepped through the Mirror to reveal that he is really Skurge the Executioner, but they are interrupted when the visage of Odin appears on the Mirror. And on some unknown planet, Desak learns that Odin is dead and Tarene is diminished, and figures that the opportunity to strike is at hand. During the memorial service for Odin, Loki arrives to grieve as well, and Thor tells them all that his brother is welcome. But afterwards, when they begin clamoring for Thor to take the throne, he tells them that his spirit is weak, and until another is found, Odin's throne will sit empty.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for info.
Links and References
- Thor (Marvel Comics) at Wikipedia.org
- Thor at Marvel.com
- Thor site at Marvel.com
- The Immortal Thor of Asgard
- The Thor Message Board
- Thor at The Complete Marvel Reading Order
|Like this? Let us know!|