Appearing in "Realization"
- Various unnamed Vikings
Synopsis for "Realization"
In Asgard, Balder is upset that Thor has missed a meeting with him, and confronts Thialfi about it. Thialfi tells him that Thor is away and entrusted him not to tell anyone where. On Earth, Thor visits a valley that he had once been to in his youth, and remembers the past. Back then, it had contained a village where a child named Thialfi had lived with his parents until they were killed by Viking raiders. Thor, upset at the carnage done in their name, asked his father why. Odin told him that the mortals would learn their lessons better if they learned them the hard way, but Thor disagreed and demanded something be done. So Odin took the orphan and granted him godhood, then told Thor that he asks something in return. When the child grows up, he must take him into the fold and treat him as his closest friend. Which he has done so. Returning to Asgard, Thor tells Thialfi that the valley has changed only in appearance, and the ghosts of the past still linger.
- Includes letters written by Oscar Nunez, Jefferson Lawrence, Gary Pope, David Ayres, and Luciano Oquendo
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Thor Vol 2 52 on the forums
- 1 Images from Thor Vol 2 52
Links and References
- Thor (Marvel Comics) at Wikipedia.org
- Thor at Marvel.com
- Thor site at Marvel.com
- The Immortal Thor of Asgard
- The Thor Message Board
- Thor at The Complete Marvel Reading Order
|Like this? Let us know!|