- I don't want to fight you, Thor! But if that's what it'll take to make you back off -- then that's what I'll do!
- -- Iron Man
Appearing in "Standoff: Part 1"
- Iron Man (Tony Stark)
- Amora the Enchantress
- The Warriors Three
- Slokovian soldiers
- Doctor Doom (Victor von Doom)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "Standoff: Part 1"
In Slokovia, the peasants have formed a religion based on Thor, while they are being terrorized by their own government. Their church is discovered by the Slokovian army, and they are all executed. Their death cries are heard by Heimdall, who reports it to Thor. In Asgard, Thor meets with Balder and the rest and decides that they will go to Slokovia. Their army is no match for the Asgardians and in Washington, Iron Man is summoned to the Pentagon, where he is told to try to reign in his former teammate. Iron Man goes to Asgard to try to talk to Thor about what he is doing, only to be told that it will continue, and Thor himself will oversee it personally. Iron Man jets off toward Slokovia, when his communications is interrupted by Doctor Doom. Thor arrives in Slokovia just in time to see their army deploy nerve gas to try to stop the Asgardians, only to wind up harming their own people. Thor does away with the gas and begins to attack the army, when Iron Man appears in front of him, telling him that he will fight if he has to.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Thor Vol 2 58 on the forums
- 11 Images from Thor Vol 2 58
- 1 Reprints of Thor Vol 2 58
Links and References
- Thor (Marvel Comics) at Wikipedia.org
- Thor at Marvel.com
- Thor site at Marvel.com
- The Immortal Thor of Asgard
- The Thor Message Board
- Thor at The Complete Marvel Reading Order
|Like this? Let us know!|