- Only death can save us now...and I will bring it. Ragnarok shall be by my hand!
- -- Thor
Appearing in "Ragnarok, Part the Fifth"
Synopsis for "Ragnarok, Part the Fifth"
Thor follows in the footsteps of his father, Odin, and hangs from Yggdrasil to gain the power of the Runes. He travels further into the knowledge than Odin did, and dies after initially refusing to follow his destiny to finally end the Ragnarok cycle. In Hel, he calls his fathers spirit to his side to protect him from Hela, and Odin transports him before Those Who Sit Above in Shadow, where he sees the origin and end of the cycle of death and rebirth, and what he must do to honor his brother and sister Asgardians.
Thor then travels to Valhalla, which Loki has rebuilt in his own image. Thor is attacked by Mangog, but with the Odinforce under his control again along with the knowledge of the Runes, Thor simply releases the souls that power Mangog and eliminates the threat. Loki appears and is easily defeated. Thor then declares that he intends to finally fulfill his destiny and end the Ragnarok cycle once and for all.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Thor Vol 2 84 on the forums
- 5 Images from Thor Vol 2 84
Links and References
- Thor (Marvel Comics) at Wikipedia.org
- Thor at Marvel.com
- Thor site at Marvel.com
- The Immortal Thor of Asgard
- The Thor Message Board
- Thor at The Complete Marvel Reading Order
|Like this? Let us know!|