FANDOM


  • Marvel is known for giving many of its heroes the spotlight to carry the Marvel company and be the face of all Marvel properties such as Spider-Man, Wolverine, Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk Etc. My question is: At the end of the day who is the number #1 person who represents Marvel? My follow up question is: Who is the ultimate villain that represents Marvel?

      Loading editor
    • Spider-man.......

        Loading editor
    • Yeah

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, Spider-Man is the face of Marvel no doubt.

        Loading editor
    • Spider man,Spider man,Does whatever a spider can

        Loading editor
    • It may be Iron Man now. Thank the movies. When the average person thinks of "Spider-Man", they think of "Spider-Man", not Marvel Comics. When they think of "Iron Man" they think of "Marvel".

      Branding. It's a heck of a thing.

        Loading editor
    • SPIDER-MAN

        Loading editor
    • @LW You're right Iron Man is really popular now.

        Loading editor
    • Still isn't the face of marvel. When people think Ironman they think him and the avengers. Spider-man on the other hand on his own is on the same level as Batman and Superman.

        Loading editor
    • Iron Man may be the face of the Cinematic Universe but for Marvel as a whole I would say Spider-Man. Whenever I think Marvel he is one of the first characters to pop into my head. I would also say Stan Lee, but he is a creator/writer but he is still Stan the Man.

        Loading editor
    • Stan Lee is Spider-man...

        Loading editor
    • Agreed, he is just the coolest old guy ever.

        Loading editor
    • FoolishJester wrote: When people think Ironman they think him and the avengers. Spider-man on the other hand on his own is on the same level as Batman and Superman.

      Yes. As the face of the Marvel movies. Spider-Man being on his own is why people recognize him as Spider-Man and not as a mascot for Marvel comics.

      The average person does not know which heroes belong to which company. I don't think they really care, either. But Marvel has been slapping "Marvel's" in front of anything Avengers-related recently, making them the closest they have to mainstream mascots.

        Loading editor
    • So Iron Man is most definitely the face of the MCU.

        Loading editor
    • Spider-Man before circa 2008.

      Iron Man after 2008.

        Loading editor
    • Nooooooooo!!!!!!!
      
        Loading editor
    • @FJ What's wrong?

        Loading editor
    • That was just a cry of righteous fanboy anger.

        Loading editor
    • About Iron Man being more popular?

        Loading editor
    • No. Spider-man is still arguably more popular than Ironman. But it does suck that he is technically the new face of Marvel

        Loading editor
    • If you say so. Well Spider-Man has a new movie coming out next year. Maybe that can bring him back.

        Loading editor
    • Ironman is beating him by a small margin. He dosn't need to be brought back.

        Loading editor
    • Okay. But you said it sucks that Iron Man is the new face of Marvel...

        Loading editor
    • Nah. Spider-Man lost a lot of popularity between 5 years without movie, among other things.

      Spider-Man might be more popular than Iron Man for (let's say) "people more into comics" (Spider-Man comics still sells more than Iron Man), but in pop culture, Iron Man overthrew him.

      Why would it suck that Iron Man is the new face of Marvel? "Because he's an arrogant aloholic"? Or because he's a resilient hero who has shown to overcome adversity, fight his demons and partically represents humanity's progress?

        Loading editor
    • He is. But he isn't more popular. People automatically associate him with Marvel over Spider-man. But all in all Spider-man is is a more iconic and popular figure in fiction.

        Loading editor
    • You can even compare them using this.

        Loading editor
    • Wow. I never knew Iron Man was that popular.

        Loading editor
    • To say Ironman is more popular than Spider-man a huge stretch. Because as noted before mainstreamers associate him with The Avengers. But Spider-man alone is Fictional Legend. He's in the trinity.

      And i like Ironman. He has a powerful origin. But after Civil War i can't find myself looking up to him. Spider-man is the ultimate coming of age story and stands for soo much more .

        Loading editor
    • No. Definetely not a "huge stretch." And I'd say the opposite, mainstreamers associate The Avengers with Iron Man more than it happens vice versa. After all, for many people, the Avengers are Iron Man and friends, and that's for a reason, because Iron Man is popular alone.

      Spider-Man stands for the responsible use of one's talents, do good to the hilt, "always finding a way", etc.

      Iron Man stands for humanity's progress, future, self improvement, redemption, etc.

      To say that Spider-Man stands for "soo much more" than Iron Man is the actual huge stretch.

        Loading editor
    • Ironman outside of the movies is not that popular. Spider-man trumps him in Comics,Video Games and television. Ironman is where he is because of the Avengers. That's why Ironman 3 did so good. It had the luxury of being a sequel to the Avengers rather than Ironman 2.

      No your wrong . Spider-man is much deeper than just using your talents for good. But since i don't want to write an Essay on how wrong you are. Let's agree to disagree

        Loading editor
    • I already said so. Iron Man is more popular for the "mainstreamers" because the main source with which mainstreamers get heroes is with the movies. That's the only thing he needs. It doesn't matter if Spider-Man sells more comics, has more video games and more TV shows than Iron Man because what matters more is Movies.

      *You're

      And not. I'm not wrong. And I didn't say that Spider-Man's message was only and exclusively about using your talents for good.

      And you not only don't want to write an essay on how "wrong" I am, you wouldn't know even what to put in the title.

        Loading editor
    • I think it is a safe bet that Marvel's "unofficial trinity image" that represents everything about Marvel is Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Iron Man compared to DC's official trinity image is Superman, Batman, & WonderWoman(Arguably Green Lantern now).

        Loading editor
    • Exactly! Ironman is defined as the Avengers captain by mainstreamers.

      Sorry that was the Glossary talking.

      And i know what i'd call it. Why Spider-man is a more influential and cultural icon then RDJ(Ironman)

        Loading editor
    • Xemnas-Spidey
      Xemnas-Spidey removed this reply because:
      Accident
      22:17, November 18, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Ace040390 wrote: I think it is a safe bet that Marvel's "unofficial trinity image" that represents everything about Marvel is Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Iron Man compared to DC's official trinity image is Superman, Batman, & WonderWoman(Arguably Green Lantern now).

      DC's not like that anymore, really. Wonder Woman has largely been unexplored in media outside the comics, and even then can you think of a good Wonder Woman-centric story? She's been passed by, known more now for what DC hasn't done with her than what they have. Green Lantern had his time in the sun during Geoff Johns' run, but that legacy was tarnished by the horrendous movie. Oddly enough, Green Arrow's more popular now than he's ever been because DC built a brand around him on the CW, even using his show as a vehicle to introduce somewhat obscure elements of the DC Universe (in other words, it's become what Agents of SHIELD should be but isn't).

      Point is, this cross-media stuff matters. And matters big. Do you even realize how crazy it is that Thor, Black Widow and Hawkeye are now household names? Marvel took a bunch of b-level heroes and turned them into superstars. The superstars of the whole industry, whose success they want to imitate. And Iron Man, who not all that long ago in the Civil War storyline was portrayed as a villain, is the star of that.

      That's big.

        Loading editor
    • FoolishJester wrote: And i know what i'd call it. Why Spider-man is a more influential and cultural icon then RDJ(Ironman)

      If I were a teacher I wouldn't approve a title with such grammar.

        Loading editor
    • Wonder Woman new 52. Is a good read. Have you tried it?

        Loading editor
    • ADour wrote:

      FoolishJester wrote: And i know what i'd call it. Why Spider-man is a more influential and cultural icon then RDJ(Ironman)

      If I were a teacher I wouldn't approve a title with such grammar.

      You get the point. Can i...have my apple now?

        Loading editor
    • Sorry. Just ate it. I was hungry.

      And I also belive you are basing your opinion on the "ultimate face of Marvel" mostly on the overall popularity of characters and you've mostly argued against my opinion based on that. When my opinion is about who's currently the face of Marvel.

        Loading editor
    • I'll settle for an Orange

      No. I admitted Ironman is the current face of Marvel. But i will not admit he is more popular than Spider-man.

        Loading editor
    • Yes I agree about Green Arrow being famous in pop culture right now. I love watching Arrow on the CW and when I miss an episode I can just go to the website and get to watch full episodes. If Stephen Amell doesnt appear in a JLA movie then it is a hugh loss buy DC and Warner Bros. Yes we can all agree that WonderWoman is overrated. My personal trinity image for DC is Green Lantern, Green Arrow, and Batman/Superman (Interchangeable).

        Loading editor
    • FoolishJester wrote: I'll settle for an Orange

      No. I admitted Ironman is the current face of Marvel. But i will not admit he is more popular than Spider-man.

      Well. But he is.

        Loading editor
    • Haha no.

        Loading editor
    • Too bad that's not going to change anything.

        Loading editor
    • He's not more popular. It's simple as that.

        Loading editor
    • He's more popular. It's simple as that.

        Loading editor
    • Maybe we could compare how much the movies made to each other.

        Loading editor
    • Spider-man wins......

        Loading editor
    • And since Spider-man appears more in overall media.

        Loading editor
    • Spider-Man: $3,248,563,075

      Iron Man: $2,424,547,547

      Iron Man (counting Marvel's The Avengers): $3,943,142,457

      To take to account:

      • Iron Man became popular because of his movies. Spider-Man was already popular before them.
      • Spider-Man has four movies. Iron Man has three movies.
      • Counting Marvel's The Avengers, Iron Man wins.
      • Estimating the revenue of an hypothetical Iron Man 4, Iron Man would win.

      In my opinion movies income don't say too much. But I guess I don't have any problem if they act on the behalf of my argument.

        Loading editor
    • You can't count the Avengers. And if you count IM4 i could just count TASM 2-4. Spider-man wins again. But i agree Movie Math says little

        Loading editor
    • No. The point is to count four movies.

      I thought it was obvious that if I counted Marvel's The Avengers I wouldn't count the hypothetical Iron Man 4.

      Iron Man wins anyways.

      And also, that a character appears more in overall media doesn't say much. And I already said why.

        Loading editor
    • Spider-man wins this one via larger franchise.

      Then how do we decide? Since i guess Spider-man's influence spreading farther than Ironman's media wise dosn't count. Do we count all the users with Spider-man avatars Vs Users with Ironman ones?

        Loading editor
    • Or do we decide based on each of their accolades? Spider-man wins again..........

        Loading editor
    • Why would Spider-Man win via larger franchise? That's absurd. Only because he has one more movie and if Iron Man had also four movies Stark would win? That's absurd.

      And now you want to decide if mainstreamers like Spider-Man more basing on the avatars of user of a wikia dedicated to Marvel, who are definetely not mainstreamers. That's absurd.

      Accolades? What type of accolades? That something is better than one thing doesn't mean it will be more popular (modern TV is a prime example). That's absurd.

      Any other ridiculous attempt to make Spider-Man win a lost cause?

        Loading editor
    • The avatar thing was really more of a joke.

      Alright. Since the other catergories don't count according to you(You're reasoning being absurd). Let us leave it to cultural influence. And again Spider-man wins. Ironman hasn't come close yo making the same cultural impact Spidey has.

        Loading editor
    • @FJ Avatar pics you say?

        Loading editor
    • I was joking tbh.

        Loading editor
    • Right. Well if you were serious I'm afraid mine is not either of them.

        Loading editor
    • Ah. The Hungers Pains. With Katniss Evergreen

        Loading editor
    • Right. It's actually "The Hunger Games."

        Loading editor
    • FoolishJester wrote: The avatar thing was really more of a joke.

      Alright. Since the other catergories don't count according to you(You're reasoning being absurd). Let us leave it to cultural influence. And again Spider-man wins. Ironman hasn't come close yo making the same cultural impact Spidey has.

      I like your tendency to place an hypothesis and its conclusion without a single evidence. Some things never change...

        Loading editor
    • How many times has Ironman been in the Macy's day parade? Has Ironman ever been called the official mascot of Marvel Stock by Wallstreet? No. That's just a sample. Where's your evidence for your argument?

        Loading editor
    • Wow you guys are still debating the whole Spider-man vs Iron Man thing. Here's my input: Spider-Man is the ultimate face of Marvel and the reason being is at the end of the day it doesnt matter who is portraying him behind the mask. Spider-Man will always be an iconic character no matter what. Yes Iron Man is popular right now in pop culture but that will only last until Robert Downing jr stops portraying him. Dont forget the follow up question: Who is the ultimate villain of the Marvel Universe?

        Loading editor
    • Ace040390 wrote: Dont forget the follow up question: Who is the ultimate villain of the Marvel Universe?

      Clearly Doom.

        Loading editor
    • FoolishJester wrote: How many times has Ironman been in the Macy's day parade? Has Ironman ever been called the official mascot of Marvel Stock by Wallstreet? No. That's just a sample. Where's your evidence for your argument?

      So you're taking to account a parade from a festivity celebrated in exclusively one country? At least I bring a pretty solid evidence based on the Google results worlwide between them two. But of course, solid evidence is not solid evidence for you if it's coming from the opposite party.


      Ace040390 wrote: Wow you guys are still debating the whole Spider-man vs Iron Man thing. Here's my input: Spider-Man is the ultimate face of Marvel and the reason being is at the end of the day it doesnt matter who is portraying him behind the mask. Spider-Man will always be an iconic character no matter what. Yes Iron Man is popular right now in pop culture but that will only last until Robert Downing jr stops portraying him. Dont forget the follow up question: Who is the ultimate villain of the Marvel Universe?

      Yeah. I'm getting pretty much tired as well. But it also needs to be taken to account Robert Downey Jr. has been the only actor to portray Iron Man.

      Changing the topic to ultimate villain of the Marvel Universe, I'd say either Doctor Doom, Ultron or Thanos.

        Loading editor
    • Why does everyone like doom? I never understood it. For me it Magneto or Venom.

        Loading editor
    • He's pretty cool.

      He's basically one of those villains who can do what they want.

      Magneto, not that much. He's mostly a fighter for a cause. He fights for his people, and has a pretty noble motive.

      Venom could be (could) the ultimate villain of Spider-Man, but not of the Marvel Universe. He's just Spider-Man's enemy.

        Loading editor
    • Solid? If you say so. If you go by google trending Thor is more popular than Both. I'm talking a overall impact they've had in their many years.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah but his motivations are cliche. And he's not unique like Ultron or Carnage

        Loading editor
    • Oh how bout Green Goblin?

        Loading editor
    • Him too.

        Loading editor
    • No, as the ultimate villain of Marvel.

        Loading editor
    • For me i standby Magneto.

        Loading editor
    • Okay.

        Loading editor
    • FoolishJester wrote: I'm talking a overall impact they've had in their many years.

      That's not what "popularity" means. If you can't even discuss in the proper terms...

        Loading editor
    • Thanos, Dr Doom, Loki, and Magneto are easily in the top 4. Thanos wins.

        Loading editor
    • We're on the subject of cultural impact. Keep up my goodness.....

        Loading editor
    • Cultural impact doesn't necessarily mean popularity. But I'm used to you misusing words, like "genocide".

        Loading editor
    • Ace040390 wrote: Thanos, Dr Doom, Loki, and Magneto are easily in the top 4. Thanos wins.

      Definitely not Thanos. He's made far too few appearances outside of the comics, and it doesn't help that he was confused for the Red Skull in the most prominent of those.

        Loading editor
    • Magneto, Loki, and Dr Doom on thier best day couldnt even come close to beating Thanos on his worst day. Thanos is the only character who doesnt follow comic book trends and actually goes against cliche comic book reads. He actually wins in battles against heroes, villains, both, or even cosmic beings. Thanos #1.

        Loading editor
    • I sure hope The Avengers can beat Thanos and save the world in Avengers 3...

        Loading editor
    • ADour wrote: Cultural impact doesn't necessarily mean popularity. But I'm used to you misusing words, like "genocide".

      I give up. I'm guessing ou just dropped out. And don't lecture me on word choice. Even i would never use the term "Full Retard"

        Loading editor
    • Mako100 wrote: I sure hope The Avengers can beat Thanos and save the world in Avengers 3...

      The Avengers win but at a cost. a certain arrow shooting bird man...

      Magneto has been prominent in the media i'd argue moreso then Doom. Plus he is one of the few complex Marvel villains.

        Loading editor
    • FoolishJester wrote:

      ADour wrote: Cultural impact doesn't necessarily mean popularity. But I'm used to you misusing words, like "genocide".

      I give up. I'm guessing ou just dropped out. And don't lecture me on word choice. Even i would never use the term "Full Retard"

      I would lecture you on word choice if it's important to let yourself be understood. Lucky me, because I never used that term either, I simply stated people use that term.

      But if you need as well a lecture in reading comprehension...

        Loading editor
    • Ace040390 wrote: Magneto, Loki, and Dr Doom on thier best day couldnt even come close to beating Thanos on his worst day. Thanos is the only character who doesnt follow comic book trends and actually goes against cliche comic book reads. He actually wins in battles against heroes, villains, both, or even cosmic beings. Thanos #1.

      Beating Thanos is one thing. Being Marvel's flagship villain is another.

        Loading editor
    • FoolishJester wrote:

      Mako100 wrote: I sure hope The Avengers can beat Thanos and save the world in Avengers 3...

      The Avengers win but at a cost. a certain arrow shooting bird man...

      Magneto has been prominent in the media i'd argue moreso then Doom. Plus he is one of the few complex Marvel villains.

      Hawkeye?

        Loading editor
    • Yeah his goose is cooked.....

        Loading editor
    • Does Jermey's contact with Marvel expire after Avengers 2?

        Loading editor
    • IDK he's just the most expendable.

        Loading editor
    • Then how do you know he'll die then? Just cause he's the most "expendable."

        Loading editor
    • I don't know. He's just the most likely to die

        Loading editor
    • Because he could barely do anything in his fist full appearance, considering the movie had 6 protagonists, doesn't mean he's the most "expendable."

      Not to mention Whedon said he was going to make some justice and make Hawkeye shine in Age of Ultron. He will definetely not be expendable by The Avengers 3.

        Loading editor
    • He's the most expendable. He has the smallest fanbase, is so far the least interesting Avenger,has no unique powers and left a small impact on audiences(People thought he was Green Arrow) since the roster is getting larger, if space needs to be made.......

      The Avengers 2 cast is HUGE. 2 Avengers that also need ALOT of developing, have joined the team. I doubt we will get much time developing Hawkeye.

        Loading editor
    • Hawkeye doesn't have a small fanbase.

      He's not the least interesting Avenger. One of the numerous reasons why he's an excellent Avenger is because he's just a human. One of the reasons why he was listed #2 in Marvel's list of the best Avengers of all time.

      As far as I know only your friends thought it was Green Arrow.

      Joss Whedon will prefectly manage to develop Hawkeye. Although the cast is huge, most of them already know each other (one of the things covered the most by the first movie), the team is already formed (they just need to re-assemble), and Marvel Studios can take advantage of The Avengers being a popular thing to to reply in Iron Man as much as they did with the first movie. So, yeah, he will have plenty of time.

        Loading editor
    • I was reffering to movie Hawkeye. And even comicbook Hawkeye is only popular in our minority.

      Yes. Exactly.

      Whedon plans to develop Hawkeye(In the Avengers he had little to no personality aside some admitedly funny lines) , the wonder twins(introducing 2 characters in 1 movie and exploring the basics)Ultron(introducing a new villain), Hulk(He has no movies planned so he needs all the development he can get),Ironman(He will obviously have a key role in this movie) and Black widow(Who needs to become more then eyecandy who can kick ass. Albeit her case isn't as severe as Hawkeye's) In 2 hours and some change? I'll believe it when i see it.

        Loading editor
    • The fanbase of a character is usually composed by the different versions in different media he/she appears in. I'm a Hawkeye fan and I'm a fan of his movie version. And comic Hawkeye is not only popular in our "minority" exclusively. Since Matt Fraction's Hawkeye series, he has become more popular. There are even Hawkguy shirts.

      Although Iron Man will have a key role in the movie, he doesn't need to be developed. The same goes for Hulk (who's already developed) and Black Widow (who was developed in The Avengers). Screen time doesn't equal development.

        Loading editor
    • Here's the thing...

      If a character is from the comics, not a villain, and doesn't have a notable death in the comics, he's not going to die. For the most part. Cyclops and Darwin in the X-Men movies are notable exceptions to this, as is Prof. Hamilton in Man of Steel. There's also some in Thor: The Dark World that I'm not mentioning because not everyone has seen it yet. Hawkeye, who doesn't fit those criteria, has plot armor as thick as a the sides of a bank vault.

        Loading editor
    • I can't wait to see Hawkeye shine in Avengers 2.

        Loading editor
    • Hulk and Widow need some SERIOUS development. Their characters have a long way to go(Which is why we need a Hulk movie). It took 4 movies to fully develop Tony. And Thor still has to finish his character arc.

      I don't think anyone will die in Avengers 3. But people always say they suspect someone will. And Hawkeye would be the most likely.

        Loading editor
    • I'm all for a Hulk movie now that we finally have a great actor for him. Black Window will be in Cap 2. Maybe her and Cap can be more then "just friends"....... I'm sure there will be a Thor 3.

      Right.

        Loading editor
    • Comics? Spider-Man

      Movies? Iron-Man

      (Sorry if already said)

        Loading editor
    • No, it's fine Cage.

        Loading editor
    • I ship Black Widow and Cap. Black Widow and Hawkeye is.....corny,cliche,contrived.......

        Loading editor
    • So we can agree Cap and Black Window are great for each other.....

        Loading editor
    • No. Hulk and Widow need certain development, but not "serious" development. Iron Man had his character development in one movie, the first one. The rest of his evolution is not part of his primary character development. And technically Thor did finish his character arc in his first movie, still pretty rushed, if only humans could also change behaviour in a single week-end.

      Also, not every character needs a character development, just the ability to establish themselves. All of the previous Avengers did so, except Hawkeye.

        Loading editor
    • FoolishJester wrote: Hulk and Widow need some SERIOUS development. Their characters have a long way to go(Which is why we need a Hulk movie). It took 4 movies to fully develop Tony. And Thor still has to finish his character arc.

      I don't think anyone will die in Avengers 3. But people always say they suspect someone will. And Hawkeye would be the most likely.

      • It did not take 4 movies to develop Tony
      • We did get a Hulk movie. It's called The Incredible Hulk.
        Loading editor
    • Black Widow and Captain America together? I....I don't like that. They're off better as just friends who kick ass rather than a couple.

        Loading editor
    • @LW But we need a new Hulk movie with Mark Ruffalo in it...

        Loading editor
    • I agree with Mako100 that a Hulk movie would be cool. But the question would it sell well? IDK. Maybe, seeing a lot of people's favorite character from Avengers was Hulk.

        Loading editor
    • @The Cage Yes, I think so. Because like you said everyone loved Hulk from The Avengers. And we got the perfict guy for the role.

        Loading editor
    • In Marvel's The Avengers we got for the very first time a Hulk which balanced tragedy and comedy. As the recipe for a good Hulk has been found, I think it's really going to be easier to make a Hulk movie people will like.

      The popularity of the Avengers will also help selling tickets, of course.

        Loading editor

    • It took 4 movies to get Tony where he is character wise. He's basically at his zenith. He can't be developed further(Which is why i think an Ironman 4 is unnecessary).

      You know what i meant. But Dr. Banner still has some evolution to go through. The Avengers planted the seeds. Bruce can finally start his journey. And reach his zen too.

      Thor he's come far in 3 movies. But he's not fully their yet.

      Cap is just in the starting stages. In TWS i expect alot of growth.

        Loading editor
    • No. Tony Stark had his character development in one movie. The other instances of his character arc were not part of his main character development which was more or less: "Weapons are bad".

      Banner has no evolution to go through. He was shown in the very first movie how he managed to live with his curse. That's all there's for him. Any other development is not part of his primary development.

      Thor's development was "Being a selfish jerk is bad." That happened in the first movie. Now he's more responsible. No need for further development.

        Loading editor
    • So you want no character evolution whatsoever?

        Loading editor
    • I just said characters had it, and don't need it if they're at the point they should be.

      And, quoting myself from some post above, "not every character needs a character development, just the ability to establish themselves."

      A character can be as deep as Mole-Man without a huge change of his point of view.

        Loading editor
    • Thor, Cap and Hulk need to finish their arcs. Like Tony did. Great fictional characters are Great fictional characters because of their experiences and how they evolve because of them. If Tony was the same as he was by the end of Ironman 1, he wouldn't be the man he is currently.

        Loading editor
    • No. Thor and Hulk don't need to finish their arcs. Past their primary development, any changes in their characters are not part of something with an ending.

      And I never said Tony was the same man in the ending of Iron<Space goes here>Man as in the beginning. His character development started and ended in that movie. Subsequent modifications in his nature were not part of his primary character development.

        Loading editor
    • Lemme just say that Spider-Man is overall the most popular of them all. Stan Lee himself has noted in a book that when people recognize him, they ask "Aren't you the one who wrote Spider-Man?" Spider-man is different. He isn't confident, he thinks he's going to fail in a lot of his battles. But he keeps fighting. He's relatable. He was the first of Stan Lee's hero to go against the normal hero formula: He was a teenager, he had money problems, he was bullied and alienated from his peers, he was far from popular, etc. People related to him. He was always the guy to root for. In the end, if I was surrounded by a bunch of bad guys, I'd be more confident in my safety if Spider-man was around rather than Iron Man. Just my opinion

        Loading editor
    • As for a villain, I don't know much about the big villains to be honest, but isn't the Beyonder a big one? Or Galactus?

        Loading editor
    • The Amazing Spider-Man

        Loading editor
    • Is the greatest HERO of all

        Loading editor
    • Okay.

        Loading editor
    • Spider-man is the Muhammad Ali of comics.

        Loading editor
    • Right.

        Loading editor
    • amen

        Loading editor
    • spiderman

        Loading editor
    •   Loading editor
    • Obviously its ......... iron man

      Spiderman is a big part of mcu but not the main attraction more of a sidekick material and sidekicks are not the head of movies

      Iron man was an original avenger and has played big part in marvel movies And is a reason why he's one of the people who survived in infinity war

        Loading editor
    • Specialtymovies710 wrote: Obviously its ......... iron man

      Spiderman is a big part of mcu but not the main attraction more of a sidekick material and sidekicks are not the head of movies

      Iron man was an original avenger and has played big part in marvel movies And is a reason why he's one of the people who survived in infinity war

      Marvel, not Marvel Cinematic Universe. Spidey is the face of Marvel as a whole, while Ironman is the face of just the movies, nothing else.

      Also, according to the movies, Captain America is the first Avenger, not Ironman. Just fyi

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message