Seemingly immortal, he would be resurrected whenever he died.
Thulsa Doom claimed to have experienced his first death before the continent of Atlantis first rose from the ocean. The Book of the Vishanti identified him as one of the last of the pre-human races dating back to the time of the Elder Gods on Earth, and he was the part of the Elder Race proper.
Thulsa was finally defeated when his skull and body were separated, not just through space, but time as well.
Powers and Abilities
Thulsa Doom was considered by Thoth-Amon to be the the greatest sorcerer in the days before the Great Cataclysm. One of his most notable powers is shapeshifting, allowing him to claim various identities. Often impersonating someone else.
- Thulsa Doom was created by Robert E. Howard in "Delcardes' Cat".
- Ardyon was created by Howard, though the name was changed from "Ascalante" by literary agent Glenn Lord to avoid confusion with the eponymous character from "The Phoenix on the Sword".
- It is speculated, but unconfirmed, that Thulsa Doom may have a connection to Doctor Doom. That speculation is based only on the fact they share the same last name.
- Thulsa Doom was featured as the main villain in the 1982 Conan the Barbarian film, played by James Earl Jones. In the film, his appearance was more similar to that of Thoth-Amon.
- 20 appearance(s) of Thulsa Doom (Earth-616)
- 6 minor appearance(s) of Thulsa Doom (Earth-616)
- 11 mention(s) of Thulsa Doom (Earth-616)
- 12 image(s) of Thulsa Doom (Earth-616)
- 1 item(s) used/owned by Thulsa Doom (Earth-616)