Tian was a five square miles South-Western forest region of China where nothing happened in the previous five thousands years. The place was known by several people involved in intel-gathering, including Wolverine, but it was impermeable to every scanning technology invented on Earth. Logan described it as "the greatest secret in the history of intelligence." Tian was protected from detection devices such as Cerebra. Additionally, the entire city was charged with spintronic activity, making it a giant computer and database.
When the X-Men came to visit the place, they found a hidden floating city full of the corpses of the "Chinese X-Men", all dead since M-Day. These mutants had been secluded from society in order to study and learn about themselves undisturbed. The city was progressively falling down, and it was theorized that it had been maintained in the air by mutant powers, specifically psionic energies, since the city lacked machinery.
- A Chinese mutants gathering
- Annex Squad from Earth-TRN113
- Forge's New Mutants
It was assumed by Hank McCoy that a counterpart to Tian existed in the home home reality of the Agent X-13. He travelled there, under the assumption that he would find a massive data-bank and no one to bother him.
- The idea of an Asian city named Tian and inhabited by a a superhuman community was reprised in Ultimate Comics Hawkeye #1, where a city near to Bangkok was named Tian, and inhabited by the People, beings powered by the Source initially in a plot to wipe out the mutations and ensure to the SEAR government a global domination.
- 3 Appearances of Tian (China)
- Minor Appearances of Tian (China)
- 1 Media Tian (China) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Tian (China)
- Location Gallery: Tian (China)