- Damn! Can't you do anything right, Dracula?
- -- Satan
Appearing in "The Vampire Conspiracy!"
- Harold H. Harold
- Aurora Rabinowitz (fictionalized version also)
- Frank Drake (fictionalized version only)
- Rachel van Helsing (fictionalized version only)
- Fruitcake the cat
- Hellion House (fictionalized version)
Synopsis for "The Vampire Conspiracy!"
Harold H. Harold sits down at his typewriter and continues working on what he feels will be his masterpiece novel, "The Vampire Conspiracy". While the story is fiction, it is populated with characters that Harold knows personally, including Harold himself.
The Vampire Conspiracy :Harold H. Harold is the leader of the Harold Supernatural Slayers. At the behest of a woman named Aurora Rabinowitz, Harold and his friends, Frank Drake and Rachel van Helsing investigate the haunting of Aurora’s inherited estate, Hellion House. Aurora tells Howard about strange happenstances taking place in the haunted mansion including ambulating empty suits of armor. Having researched the history of the manse, Harold informs Aurora of the mansion’s dark two-hundred year history.
- Elsewhere in the house, Satan, having taken the form of a large black cat, commands his servant Dracula to route out the unwelcome guests. Dracula attacks Rachel van Helsing and turns her into a vampire. Frank is forced to quickly end Rachel's undead existence.
- Harold meanwhile, as a master of the martial arts, easily defeats both Dracula and Satan. He pushes Dracula backwards onto an upended sharpened stake, destroying him. They burn the house to the ground and Harold shares a passionate embrace with Aurora.
Completing his novel, Harold pulls the last page out of the typewriter and drops the complete project into the mailbox. Aurora drives up and Harold asks her out on a date. She humbly declines, citing that she already has plans. As they drive off Harold mutters, "As they always say – the nice guys really do finish last".
- This issue is reprinted in Essential Tomb of Dracula, Volume 3.
- Dracula does not make an actual appearance in this issue.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Tomb of Dracula Vol 1 56 on the forums
- 1 Images from Tomb of Dracula Vol 1 56
- Dracula Lives #1-13
- Giant-Size Dracula #2-5
- Marvel Classics Comics #9
- Tomb of Dracula (Volume 1) #1-70
- Tomb of Dracula (Volume 2) #1-6
- Tomb of Dracula (Volume 3) #1-4
- Tomb of Dracula (Volume 4) #1-4
Links and References
- Tomb of Dracula article at Wikipedia
- Tomb of Dracula article at Toonopedia
- Tomb of Dracula series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Tomb of Dracula series review at Photon Torpedoes
- Tomb of Dracula - Lord of Vampires
- Tomb of Dracula cover art gallery
- Dracula article at Wikipedia
- Dracula article at the Marvel Universe
- Dracula article at the Marvel Appendix
|Like this? Let us know!|