Appearing in "The Transformers"
- Autobots (First appearance)
- Bluestreak (First appearance)
- Brawn (First appearance)
- Bumblebee (First appearance)
- Cliffjumper (First appearance)
- Hound (First appearance)
- Ironhide (First appearance)
- Jazz (First appearance)
- Mirage (First appearance)
- Optimus Prime (First appearance)
- Prowl (First appearance)
- Ratchet (First appearance)
- Sideswipe (First appearance)
- Sunstreaker (First appearance)
- Trailbreaker (First appearance)
- Wheeljack (First appearance)
- Windcharger (First appearance)
- Decepticons (First appearance)
Races and Species:
- Earth-91274 (First appearance)
Synopsis for "The Transformers"
The planet Cybertron, home of sentient robots known as the Transformers, has been at war for millions of years, putting the peace faring Autobots at war against the evil war hungry Decepticons, led by the evil Megatron. The devastation wrought by the war would send planet Cybertron out of it's orbit spinning throughout the cosmos on an indirect course, and into the path of an asteroid belt that threatens to destroy their home world unless something is done. Autobot commander Optimus Prime is selected by the Autobot elders to lead a team to destroy the meteors before it's too late.
Optimus Prime selects a crew that consists of the following Autobots: Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Brawn, Huffer, Gears, Jazz, Prowl, Ironhide, Ratchet, Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, Trailbreaker, Wheeljack, Mirage, and Hound to journey out in their ship, the Ark, to destroy the meteors. Learning of this, Megatron gathers a team of his own Decepticon warriors to attack and destroy the Autobots. With him, he takes Soundwave, Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Laserbeak, Buzzsaw, Rumble, Frenzy and Ravage to attack.
With the battle leaning toward Decepticon victory Optimus Prime, forseeing this possibility sets the Ark on a suicidal collision course with the nearest planet, which happens to be Earth. They crash into an active volcano, destroying them all. Some four billion years later at the site of the crash at what is now called Mount St. Hillary in Oregon the Ark's computers spring to life sending out a probe to scan what it thinks are the planet's sentient machinery. The ships repair systems repair all the Transformers aboard indiscriminately, repairing the Decepticons first and giving them the ability to transform into Earth machines. They manage to escape before the newly revived Autobots can stop them.
Scanning their computers to learn about the world they have crashed on, Optimus Prime decides to that the best course of action is to send out some Autobots to do reconnaissance before they do whatever needs to be done to protect this world from the Decepticons they unwittingly unleashed on this world.
Elsewhere in the state of Oregon, Buster Witwicky, the son of mechanic Sparkplug Witwicky arrives home late from school and gets in trouble with his father who is frustrated with his son for not having an interest in mechanics like he does. With the days work in his garage just about done he allows his son Buster to take the family car out to take his friend "O" and his girlfriend Jessie out to the theater.
Meanwhile, the Autobots Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Brawn, Prowl, and Hound are on the road getting a lay of the land in their area. They happen upon a drive-in movie theater and thinking that the cars parked there are sentient beings find it odd that they are focused on a large screen. On their journey, they are spied on by Laserbeak who reports back to Megatron. The Decepticon leader decides to send a Decepticon attack force to ambush the revived Autobots.
The Autobots arrive at the theater, and Bumblebee in an attempt to "greet" an Earth car bumps into it. This car happens to be the one that Buster and his friends are in. Buster gets out of the car to yell at the person who bumped him and is shocked to find that there is no driver inside the car. Suddenly, Soundwave, Ravage, Laserbeak, Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp attack the theater prompting the Autobots to transform into robot mode and fight back.
As the humans flee the drive in, the Autobots fight back sending the Decepticons in retreat, but not before one of their blasts can strike Bumblebee. The other Autobots realizing that the sentient life forms on this planet are organic, not mechanical transform into vehicle mode and make their escape before the Decepticons can counter attack. In the chaos, Buster notices that Bumblebee is leaking a fluid that is not oil and decides to take the car back to his garage in an attempt to repair it. He is surprised to find that there is no ignition on the car and is even more surprised when it starts up on its own.
Working hard in a futile effort to try and fix the car, the racket that Buster makes wakes up his father. Sparkplug is delighted to see his son trying to fix up a car on his own, not trying to listen to Buster's explanation about it. However Sparkplug is shocked when Buster tells him that the car is alive, and it weakly asks them for their help.
This story is continued next issue....
- Plot by Mantlo, script by Macchio.
- The majority of the characters featured in this issue (notably Ironhide and Ratchet) are drawn exactly as the toys the characters were modeled after. As the limited series progresses the characters begin adopting a stylistic look that matches that of the Transformers cartoon series.
- Likely due to an unfamiliarity with the licensed characters, artist Frank Springer lacks consistency in drawing the characters' appearances, and in some of the earlier panels draws characters resembling Autobots as part of the Decepticon army and vice versa.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Transformers Vol 1 1 on the forums
- 1 Images from Transformers Vol 1 1
- 2 Reprints of Transformers Vol 1 1
Links and References
|Like this? Let us know!|