Appearing in "Part One: The Future"
- Isaiah Bradley (First appearance)
- Maurice Canfield (First appearance)
- Sgt. Luke Evans (First appearance)
- United States Army
- Jules Edeiman (Mentioned)
- Mr. Canfield (First appearance)
- Leonard (First appearance)
- unnamed judge
Races and Species:
- Kamikaze planes
- USS Carrier Ships
Synopsis for "Part One: The Future"
Maurice Canfield, a young communist from a privileged background, fights for social equality and protests against the war only to have legal charges brought against him. He's given a choice to pay for his crime: do hard time, or serve his country in a war he opposes.
- This issue takes place in July, 1940; December, 1940; June, 1941; December, 1941; and January–February, 1942.