and one of the Great Old Ones, extradimensional beings predating Earth.
Origins and early years
Tsathoggua lived in the temple on the Nameless Isle, was an ally of the Elder God Set, and was worshiped by Serpent-Men. When the Serpent-Men realized that the Cobra Crown was defective, they hid it under a shrine to Tsathoggua on the Nameless Isle, guarded by a living stone idol of Tsathoggua,
Its Latin name, Sadoquae, was invoked in the sentence "Tibi, Magnum Innominandum, signa stellarum nigrarum et bufoniformis Sadoquae sigillum", taken from the De Vermis Mysteriis ("The Mysteries of the Worm"), in order to summon the Shambler from the Stars.
- Tsathoggua was created by Clark Ashton Smith in the short story "The Tale of Satampra Zeiros" (written in 1929 and published in November 1931). However, its first appearance was in H.P. Lovecraft's story "The Whisperer in Darkness" (written in 1930 and published in August 1931).
- 2 Appearances of Tsathoggua (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Tsathoggua (Earth-616)
- Media Tsathoggua (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 5 Images featuring Tsathoggua (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Tsathoggua (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Tsathoggua (Earth-616)
- Tsathoggua at the Appendix
- Tsathoggua on the H.P. Lovecraft wiki
- Tsathoggua on Wikipedia
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Marvel Zombies Handbook #1; Demons' entry
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Marvel Zombies Handbook #1; Set's entry
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Journey into Mystery Vol 2 #3; The Shambler from the Stars!
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z #6; Earth's Solar System, Saturn's entry
- ↑ Savage Sword of Conan #38; A Gazeteer of the Hyborian Age, Part VI, Nameless Isle's entry
- ↑ Savage Sword of Conan #41; The Quest For the Cobra Crown
- ↑ Savage Sword of Conan #40; A Dream of Blood
- ↑ Savage Sword of Conan #200; Barbarians of the Border
- ↑ Marvel Comics Presents #63; Norse Blood
|Like this? Let us know!|