Led by Genesis, Apocalypse, and their First Horsemen, the mutants of Okkara were successful in pushing back the armies of Amenth. However, when offered, Genesis led the mutants of Okkara into the breach into Amenth.
After thousands of years in Amenth, safe behind the walls of Arakko, the mutant nation began to thrive again. This ended when Isca the Unbeaten came to invite Genesis to a parley with Annihilation. Genesis fought and killed Annihilation, but this only freed her daemon horde. After seeing Arakko ravaged by daemons for nearly a century, Genesis finally decided to don the Golden Helm of Amenth and raise the Twilight Sword to command the daemon armies of Amenth.
During the attack of the First Horsemen of Apocalypse on the Starlight Citadel, Saturnyne intervened and set a contest where the forces of Krakoa and Arakko would each have ten swordbearers fighting in Otherworld. Genesis armed with the Twilight Sword was one of the Arakkii chosen as one of the Swordbearers of Arakko.
In the last battle of the tournament, Genesis battled her husband Apocalypse who wielded the Scarab. Genesis was able to shatter the Scarab, but Apocalypse stole the Twilight Sword from Genesis and used it to defeat her. Then Annihilation took control of Genesis and used her sword to summon her armies to Otherworld. Following the defeat of the Amenthi forces at the hands of the X-Men and the Captain Britain Corps, the Twilight Sword was left abandoned on Otherworld where someone claimed it.
- Dimensional Rifts: The Twilight Sword appears to be able to cut through realities and dimensions.
- Potency: The Twilight Sword is powerful enough to split Okkara in half, creating Krakoa and Arakko.
- Other than their shared names, it does not appear that there is any connection between this sword and the Twilight Sword of Surtur or the Midnight Blade of Kal Blackbane.
- 7 appearance(s) of Twilight Sword (Amenth)
- 1 minor appearance(s) of Twilight Sword (Amenth)
- 2 mention(s) of Twilight Sword (Amenth)
- 16 image(s) of Twilight Sword (Amenth)