During a thunderstorm, the Two-Headed Thing dug to the surface of the Earth from deep within the Earth's core. He came up just outside a maximum security prison and smashed through one of the walls, allowing convict Eddie Kane to escape. The creature decided that he would conquer the surface world but needed to test out his poewr to ensure that it worked here as it did in his subterreanean home. The Two-Headed Thing is a shapeshifter, able to take on the form of anything he sees, while that object would then vanish from sight until the monster had taken on another form. He first thing he tried this ability out on a tree, then an alligator and finally, he took on the form of Eddie himself. When the prison guards found him, he attempted to take them by suprise, transforming back into his original form, but was struck down by lightning before being able to attack. 
Many years later, the remains of the Two-Headed Thing, along with those of Rorgg, Grottu and Blip were acquired by Frank Johnson, who displayed them when he opened his "Museum of the Monstrous and Strange." The creatures were all revived shortly thereafter in order to do battle with the Fantastic Four. The Two-Headed Thing and the rest of the monsters were quickly defeated by the heroes. It remains to be seen if the Two-Headed Thing will return once more to menace the world.
Frank Johnson came into possession of the Blip's remains as well as those of Rorgg, the Two-Headed Thing and Grottu which he displayed in his Museum of the Monstrous and Strange. The creatures were all later revived and battled the Fantastic Four, though they were quickly defeated. 
The Two-Headed Thing later appeared on Monster Isle when Shadowcat and Magik appeared to look for a mutant girl named Bo. The Two-Headed Thing was among the monsters that attacked the three until Magik teleported herself, Shadowcat, and Bo to the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.
- Superhuman Strength: The Two-Headed Thing possessed superhuman strength enough to easily smash through the walls of a prison and to dig a giant hole all the way to the surface of the Earth.
- Invulnerability: He was invulnerable to gunfire, which bounced off of his thick hide.
- Telepathy: He was able to communicate telepathically
- Shape Shifting: He was a shape-shifter, able to alter its size, shape and colour in order to impersonate practically anything he encountered. When he used this ability, the thing impersonated would vanish from sight, but would be returned once the Thing took another form.
- 5 Appearances of Two-Headed Thing (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Two-Headed Thing (Earth-616)
- Media Two-Headed Thing (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 3 Images featuring Two-Headed Thing (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Two-Headed Thing (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Two-Headed Thing (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|