Appearing in "Ultimate Avengers vs. New Ultimates (Part IV)"
- New Ultimates
- President of the United States
- New York City Police Department
Synopsis for "Ultimate Avengers vs. New Ultimates (Part IV)"
A squad of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents arrive at the bridge and, during the momentary confusion caused by Spider-Man's appearance, shoot and attempt to apprehend Fury. Filled with remorse, Frank begs the agents to "punish him" for shooting an innocent kid; he is then knocked out by one of the agents. Captain America promises Peter that his wound is not fatal, and commends him for taking a bullet for him without a second thought, stating that when he grows up Peter will be the best out of all of them. War Machine then arrives and blows up the bridge, causing everyone but Spider-Man, who uses his ability to stick to surfaces, to fall into the water below. Thor then arrives and attempts to rescue them, damaging War Machine in the process. Blade manages to take down Black Widow, only to be severely wounded himself by Iron Man, who was unaware that Blade was not actually super-powered. Carol Danvers calls for backup when she is hit by a police cruiser.
While Nick Fury is in custody and Carol Danvers is taken to a S.H.I.E.L.D. hospital, the leadership of S.H.I.E.L.D. is given to Gregory Stark by the President of the United States. Gregory then takes Fury into the Helicarrier U.S.S. Jimmy Carter where he reveals to him that he was the one who pitted the Ultimates against the Avengers. He in fact was using the smuggled Super-Soldiers to supply the rebels of rogue states to help the Pro-Democracy Forces and to fuel his ambitious agenda. He then has his men shoot Fury and leave him for dead.
THE ULTIMATE EVENT OF THE DECADE!
It’s super hero versus super hero in this epic battle that pits former allies against each other. When heroes power up there’s bound to be some serious damage and what happens here has lifelong consequences! Get geared up as the Ultimate U is on a collision course and will never be the same! Superstar team-up of Mark Millar and Leinil Yu tell an explosive tale on their final Ultimate run!
- This issue takes place at the same time as Ultimate Spider-Man #158, though this comic book should be read before reading that one for the story to make sense.
- Thor's decision to drop the Shakespearean speech pattern that is depicted in Jeph Loeb's run on Ultimates 3 is explained in this issue as a result of Tony Stark's arrangement, as well as a meta-reference from Mark Millar of his criticism of Loeb's portrayal of Thor.
- Contrary to other times Frank Castle shot a young kid, this time he seems to feel sincere guilty for shooting Spider-Man.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Ultimate Avengers vs. New Ultimates Vol 1 4 on the forums
- 5 Images from Ultimate Avengers vs. New Ultimates Vol 1 4
|Like this? Let us know!|