- I'm Spider-Woman. The question is...and I want you to think really hard about how you answer... Who the @#$@ do you think you are??
- -- Spider-Woman
Appearing in "What Would Peter Do?"
- Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) (Death)
Synopsis for "What Would Peter Do?"
Miles tells Ganke to cover for him and he sneaks out to find, and help, the wounded Spider-Man. While jumping and climbing over buildings, he notices a blue electrical flash off in the distance, so he heads towards it. As he gets closer there's a bigger explosion. By the time Miles arrives in Queens, he watches as Spider-Man, in the arms of hisAunt May, dies. Miles sneaks through the crowd and asks a very sad looking Gwen Stacy what Spider-Man's name was, and she replies "Peter Parker".
Miles is struck with grief over not being able to help Spider-Man before his untimely demise, stating that if he had done more with his powers over the last few months, the real Spider-Man might still be alive. Ganke suggests that perhaps he was given powers to become the next Spider-Man. Later, Miles and Ganke attend Peter's funeral. He once again speaks to Gwen, who tells him that Peter did what he did because he was following his uncle's philosophy, that With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility, and that he felt responsible for his uncle's death. Miles immediately decides that he'll become the new Spider-Man, and begins sketching costume designs. Ganke, having worn a Spider-Man costume for Halloween the previous year, offers it to Miles, even though it's a little too large. Miles goes on his first ever patrol of the city, enjoying the freedom he feels leaping from building to building. Soon, however, he hears a disturbance below.
After Miles, exhausted from the fight with the Kangaroo, returns to his dorm, Ganke, who has already read the story on the Daily Bugle Website, comments that perhaps the costume was in bad taste after all. Judge tries to enter the room but, despite dorm rules, the door is locked. This prompts a teacher to enter the room for an inspection. Miles hides under his covers to conceal his secret identity.
The following night, Miles once again goes out on patrol. However, this is cut short when he's attacked by a costumed hero calling herself Spider-Woman, and she demands to know who he is.
Miles Morales IS the new Spider-Man!
What’s the secret behind his powers, and how will he master them?
What new and familiar enemies will rise to challenge this all-new Spider-Man?
The most-talked about story of the year keeps delivering the shocking surprises!
- The beginning of this issue tied in with the Death of Spider-Man finale Ultimate Spider-Man #160.
- Miles Morales was in the crowd that witnessed Peter's death. In this issue he is shown behind Mary Jane, but in Ultimate Spider-Man #160, there were flames behind her.
- The image of Spider-Man in Miles' computer is from the cover of Ultimate Spider-Man #1.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Ultimate Comics Spider-Man Vol 2 4 on the forums
- 5 Image(s) from Ultimate Comics Spider-Man Vol 2 4
|Like this? Let us know!|