Appearing in "Hollywood: Part 1"
- Roselita Octavius (Mentioned) (Unnamed)
- Avi Arad (First appearance)
- Sam Raimi (First appearance)
- Tobey Maguire (First appearance)
- Lloyd Zant (First appearance)
- Arachno-Man (First appearance)
- Griffin Foster (First appearance)
- Dazzler (Alison Blaire) (Photo)
- Earth-1610 (Reality)
Synopsis for "Hollywood: Part 1"
Aunt May is leaving for Florida and is wishing Peter and Gwen goodbye. Leaving them with $300, she leaves them for a week. On the television, Peter watches as Entertainment Tonight is reporting of a new Spider-Man movie that’s in the works. Peter is frustrated that people are making millions of dollars and he doesn’t even see a cent of it. Gwen still shows her bitterness, as she still believes Spider-Man is the cause of her father’s death.
Later at Midtown High, Kong is very excited about the upcoming Spider-Man movie but his friends are less than thrilled. Mary Jane can’t help but laugh a little when she hears that they’re making a film about the vigilante super-hero. Later, the real Spider-Man visits the movie set of the upcoming film. He exclaims his distaste for the film and goes off.
At Ryker’s Prison, a guard taunts Dr. Octopus. He pulls out a newspaper and shows that his wife is working with the new Spider-Man movie cashing in on his lunacy. Meanwhile in the Triskelion, two clueless scientists mistakenly release Dr. Octopus’ arms and let them loose. The metal arms eventually make their way to Ryker’s and release Dr. Octopus and the prisoners.
- The members of the production of the Spider-Man movie are named and modeled after the real-life people involved in the 2002 Spider-Man film and its two sequels (this comic being inspired by the second movie, which was released in 2004 and starred Doctor Octopus as the film's antagonist). The specific people are producer Avi Arad, director Sam Raimi and Spider-Man actor Tobey Maguire. Like his real-life counterpart, Maguire is mentioned to have starred in Seabiscuit.
|Like this? Let us know!|