Appearing in "Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk (Part I)"
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk (Part I)"
Wolverine lies in the snowy mountains of the Himalayas, bleeding out due to the fact that he's completely missing the entire bottom half of his body. He thinks back to when this occurred, only three minutes ago. He remembers battling the Hulk, who ripped him in half and thew his legs up on top of one of the mountains, and left. As Wolverine climbs up the mountain using his claws, he remembers how this all started.
- Nick Fury summoned Wolverine for a special secret meeting at the S.H.I.E.L.D. office in Harlem. After a failed attempt to secretly monitor the meeting, Fury introduced Wolverine to Betty Ross and Jennifer Walters. He told Wolverine that the Incredible Hulk is still alive, and that he wants him to track the monster down and kill him. Logan was under the impression that the Hulk had been executed following his rampage in New York, but he learned that the monster was still alive. Fury gave Logan a vial containing one of the Hulk's stool samples. From there, Wolverine could effectively track him anywhere on the planet.
Wolverine followed the Hulk's trail, which led him to the mountains of Tibet. The two combatants squared off, but the Hulk easily defeated Wolverine. He literally tore him in half, and throws his legs four miles up the side of a mountain.
After retrieving and reattaching his legs with his haling factor, Wolverine follows the Hulk's trail, which leads him to a monastery. He goes inside, and finds the Hulk, who is sitting on a throne with a harem of women around him. Wolverine greets Hulk, and pops his claws out, ready for round two.
- Because of delays, this issue along with Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk #2 were re-released in Feb 2009 in order to prepare for the release of Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk #3-6.
- Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk Vol. 1 was adapted in a motion comic mini-series comprised of 6 episodes called Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk. The mini-series was created by Marvel Knights Animation and released by Shout! Factory on DVD in September 10, 2013.
- Hulk was allegedly executed in Ultimates 2 #3.
- Wolverine was called away from the Xavier Institute by Nick Fury in Ultimate X-Men #69.
There is one, large flashback that takes up the majority of the story in this issue, and it affects the chronology of the following characters:
- Pages 2-3 - Wolverine loses his first battle with the Hulk, and he's ripped in half.
- Pages 6-22 - Wolverine is assigned his mission to kill the Hulk, and he tracks the Hulk to Tibet, leading to their initial battle.
- Pages 2-3 - Hulk beats Wolverine in their first fight.
- Pages 6-22 - Wolverine meets Hulk in the monastery.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk Vol 1 1 on the forums
- 16 Images from Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk Vol 1 1
Links and References
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|