Appearing in "Ultimatum (Part I)"
- Angel (Warren Worthington III) (Only in flashback)
- Beast (Hank McCoy) (Only in flashback)
- Cyclops (Scott Summers)
- Dazzler (Alison Blaire) (Only in flashback) (Death)
- Firestar (Liz Allan)
- Marvel Girl / Phoenix (Jean Grey)
- Nightcrawler (Kurt Wagner) (Only in flashback) (Death)
- Rogue (Marian Carlyle) (Impersonates Sasquatch)
- Wolverine (Logan)
- Syndicate (Apparent death)
- Psylocke (Betsy Braddock)
- Toad (Mortimer Toynbee)
Synopsis for "Ultimatum (Part I)"
At the Xavier school, the X-Men watch news broadcasts of the devastation. Jean tells the team that Dazzler and Nightcrawler were killed in the flood. Jean intends on taking a hardline stance against Magneto. Rogue wants to help, but Jean doesn't trust because of her recent use of Banshee. After Jean leaves, Toad approaches Rogue and tells her that the X-Men don't trust her, and they never will. Rogue flies off to find her own solution to the problem.
Later, a group of angry survivors find William Stryker in Central Park. They remind him that it was a mutant who was responsible for the death of his family. They want him to lead them in an anti-mutant militia and provide him with armor from the defunct S.H.I.E.L.D. Sentinels program.
Rogue goes to Canada and finds Vindicator of Alpha Flight, who is now revealed to be the former Weapon X watchdog John Wraith. John tells Rogue that he will help her track down former Weapon X agents who now work for Magneto. Rogue and Vindicator find Sabretooth and Juggernaut in a pub in Montreal and incapacitates them.
Later, Stryker and his armored death-squad travel upstate hunting down mutants. They find the two-headed Syndicate and blast one of his heads off.
- This issue is an "Ultimatum" crossover.
- The X-Men appeared last in Ultimatum #1. Deaths of Dazzler and Nightcrawler revealed in this issue.
- Vindicator of Alpha Flight is revealed to be John Wraith in this issue.
- Matthew (of Syndicate) is killed in this issue. his "twin", Luke, is killed in issue #99.