Using his copy of "Nameless Cults", Herr Tussmann to find the pre-columbian Temple of the Toad in Central America, built by a different race. There he found the toad-shaped jewel, a key, that he used to open the tomb, that way awakening the Toad God, which stalked him back home to retrieve the jewel.
The book was known as the Black Book due to its dark contents. It included:
- information on "cosmic obsenity that slumbers", and of cults and lost races that await to end that slumber, such as:
- the tale of the sunking of Kalumesh, a land accursed by the Elder Ones representing good because its people worshipped the demon-god Dagoth, himself a servant of Shuma-Gorath,
- a warning of waking "sleeping things", such as:
- a chapter on the summoning of daemons out of the Void,
- The Unausprechlichen Kulten is fictional book created by Robert E. Howard in "The Black Stone" (November, 1931), adapted in Savage Sword of Conan #74 (March, 1982).
- Howard was credited as "featuring concepts created by" for the mention of the item in "The Spawn of Sligguth!" (Marvel Premiere #4; September, 1972).
- 3 appearance(s) of Unausprechlichen Kulten
- 1 minor appearance(s) of Unausprechlichen Kulten
- 2 mentions of Unausprechlichen Kulten
- 2 image(s) of Unausprechlichen Kulten
Links and References
- Tomes of Eldritch Knowledge on the Appendix
- Unaussprechlichen Kulten at Wikipedia
- Unaussprechlichen Kulten at the H.P. Lovecraft Wiki