Appearing in "New Union"
- Wolverine (Logan) (Main story and flashback)
- Rogue (Anna Marie)
- Avengers Unity Squad (First appearance)
- Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff)
- Director Maria Hill
- Several unnamed agents
- Cyclops (Scott Summers) (Main story and flashback)
- S-Men (First appearance)
- Avalanche (Dominic Petros) (Controlled by Red Skull) (Death)
- X-Men (Main story and flashback)
- Several unidentified funeral attendees (Cameo)
- X-Factor (Named only)
- Magneto (Erik Lehnsherr)
- Phoenix (Mentioned)
- Several unnamed passers-by
- Professor X (Charles Xavier) (Corpse)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "New Union"
The story opens with an unknown figure cutting open a man's brain and replacing part of it with a machine. The man has the image of the Phoenix burned in his eyes.
The scene shifts to Wolverine who gives a eulogy for Professor Xavier. Meanwhile, Alexander Summers visits his brother in jail. They argue about what Cyclops did and after Havok leaves, he is approached by Captain America and Thor. Captain America offers Havok a spot on the Avengers and to lead a squad of both Avengers and X-Men in order to represent mutantkind. Havok refuses them however.
Meanwhile, the man who had part of his brain removed is revealed to be Avalanche who goes on a rampage in the middle of town. Captain America, Thor and Havok team up to stop him and he throws himself off of a cliff.
Meanwhile, the Scarlet Witch visits Professor Xavier's grave. Rogue shows up and tries to force Scarlet Witch to leave and they begin arguing. The argument turns physical, but they are interrupted by a team of super-humans who steal Professor Xavier's corpse, capture them and take them back to a base. Inside the base, the Red Skull has cut out Charles' brain and declares that he will use it to eradicate the mutant menace.
ALL NEW ONGOING!
• THIS IS IT! The greatest era of the Marvel Universe starts here! From the ashes of AvX; an all-new, all-different Avengers Assemble!
• Captain America begins his quest to create a sanctioned Avengers unit comprised of Avengers and X-Men, humans and mutants working together – so why is Professor Xavier’s dream more at risk than ever?
• The first attack of the most loathsome villain in history, will quake the Marvel Universe forever!
• The funeral of one of Marvel’s greatest heroes!
- Takes place before Avengers vs. X-Men: Consequences #1 and takes place after Avengers vs. X-Men #12.