- Our world has been distorted. Much like the one you just returned from. Its natural course has been interfered with. I must rectify that. The reality-bending witch Wanda Maximoff said 'No more mutants' and our people were devastated, reduced to less than 200 planetwide. In that moment the natural evolution intended for this world was shattered. I'm going to set this all right... I'm going to reset evolution.
- -- Archangel
Appearing in "Dark Angel Saga Chapter 4: Thunder For The Next World"
- Clan Akkaba
- Archangel (Warren Worthington III) (Main story and flashback)
- Dark Beast (Hank McCoy) (Main story and flashback)
- Ozymandias (Only in flashback)
- Autumn Rolfson (Only in flashback)
- Genocide (Main story and flashback)
- Horsemen of Apocalypse
- unidentified town's citizens (Death)
- Life Seed
Synopsis for "Dark Angel Saga Chapter 4: Thunder For The Next World"
A flashback to yesterday, Dark Beast has freed Archangel from his holding cell in Cavern X, expecting him as the heir of Apocalypse to usher in the next Age of Apocalypse. As they reach the secret Akkaba Metropolis underneath the North Pole, Archangel corrects that the next age will be named after himself, in which his utopia would be devoid to normal humans. Venturing into the city, Archangel has Autumn Rolfson's son, Genocide, released. Genocide kneels down and swears fealty to Archangel.
In the present, at Cavern X, Archangel and his followers have subdued Deathlok and are confronting X-Force, who have just returned from the Age of Apocalypse dimension. Fantomex attempts to use his misdirection powers, but Archangel has developed countermeasures against it, bouncing his own powers back at him. Enraged, Wolverine attempts to charge, only for the left half of his body to be incinerated by Genocide. Famine then beats his drums and subdues Deadpool. Only Psylocke puts up the best fight, while Archangel orders his servants not to harm her. Deadpool then throws a smoke grenade to cover their escape but Psylocke chooses to stay behind, refusing to give up on Archangel.
Once they are far away from Cavern X, E.V.A. determines that Genocide's attack has threatened to overload Wolverine's healing factor. Deathlok, having fallen in safeguarding The World, tells X-Force that unless they act now, countless innocents will die. Deadpool points out that they can't go and call on the Avengers without revealing X-Force's continued existence. He then defaults de facto command to Fantomex to figure out how to rectify all this.
In Akkaba Metropolis, Psylocke tries reaching out to Archangel, trying to get through to the Warren Worthington inside but to no avail. Archangel explains his plans to rectify mutantkind's situation. Because of M-Day, he plans on "resetting" evolution. He then takes Genocide to a prairie town to destroy it entirely.
Years ago, Wolverine helplessly watched as Jean Grey, the love of his life, died before his eyes. Years later, he would lose his best-friend Nightcrawler to a similar fate. In order to save our world, can he allow them to die again? X-Force team up with The Amazing X-Men for the final push against the heir of Apocalypse, in a battle Royale that will force Wolverine to make the hardest choice of his life. One world must die!
Links and References
|Like this? Let us know!|