- You wanted to know, Alison... why we are necessary?! Here is the reason! People like her, mutants like ourselves -- for if we don't stand up to defend them, who will?!
- -- Psylocke
Appearing in "Ladies' Night"
- Jubilee (Jubilation Lee) (First appearance)
- Lou Marcelli
- Billy Sullivan
- several mall security officers
- Unnamed Hollywood Mall patrons
- Brotherhood of Evil Mutants (Mentioned)
- Magistrates (Mentioned)
- Wipeout (Mentioned)
- Wolverine (James Howlett) (Mentioned)
- Carol Danvers (Persona takes over Rogue's psyche)
- Gateway (Mentioned)
- X-Factor (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Genosha (Mentioned)
- Manhattan (Mentioned)
- Inferno (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "Ladies' Night"
In the Hollywood Mall in Los Angeles a young teenager calling herself Jubilee uses her mutant powers to generate light and small fireworks to entertain mall patrons for money. The mall security notices the young performer and attempts to apprehend her. After an unsuccessful attempt, they decide to call a group of mutant hunters called the "M-Squad" to solve the problem for them. In Australia, Rogue causes friction with her teammates because of her rage at sharing a mind with Carol Danvers. Carol is forced to resume control when the tension rises to a breaking point. Dazzler suggests that tensions could be eased with some fun and shopping. Gateway transports Storm, Rogue, Psylocke and Dazzler to the Hollywood Mall in LA where they are noticed by the young Jubilee. After a few hours of shopping the group notices the commotion of the arriving M-Squad. After dispatching the Squad, and their Inferno enhanced equipment, the four X-ladies return through Gateway's portal, unaware that the young Jubilee has followed them.
- No letters page.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 244 on the forums
- 7 Images from Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 244
Links and References
- The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men Vol 2 #5 - See for further referencing
|Like this? Let us know!|