Appearing in "Ladies' Night"
- Jubilee (Jubilation Lee) (First appearance)
- Lou Marcelli
- Billy Sullivan
- Mall security officers
- Numerous unnamed Hollywood Mall patrons
- Brotherhood of Evil Mutants (Mentioned)
- Magistrates (Mentioned)
- Wipeout (Mentioned)
- Wolverine (James Howlett) (Mentioned)
- Carol Danvers (Persona takes over Rogue's psyche)
- Gateway (Behind the scenes)
- X-Factor (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- United States
- Genosha, Africa (Mentioned)
- Inferno (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "Ladies' Night"
In the Hollywood Mall in Los Angeles, a young teenager calling herself Jubilee uses her mutant powers to generate light and small fireworks to entertain mall patrons for money. The mall security notices the young performer and attempts to apprehend her. After an unsuccessful attempt, they decide to call a group of mutant hunters called the "M-Squad" to solve the problem for them. In Australia, Rogue causes friction with her teammates because of her rage at sharing a mind with Carol Danvers. Carol is forced to resume control when the tension rises to a breaking point. Dazzler suggests that tensions could be eased with some fun and shopping. Gateway transports Storm, Rogue, Psylocke, and Dazzler to the Hollywood Mall in LA where they are noticed by the young Jubilee. After a few hours of shopping, the group notices the commotion of the arriving M-Squad. After dispatching the Squad, and their Inferno enhanced equipment, the four X-ladies return through Gateway's portal, unaware that the young Jubilee has followed them.
- The members of M-Squad gained their mutant "expertise" in Uncanny X-Men #240, and presented themselves as experts of the supernatural in X-Factor Annual #4.
- X-Men Annual #13 depicts Jubilee's adventures after going through the portal.
- Jubilee again entertains the public, albeit not for money, in X-Men Annual #14.
- No letters page.
Links and References
- The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men (Vol. 2) #5 - See for further referencing