- Okay, I'll like bite. Who're the "X-Men"?
- -- Jubilee
Appearing in "The Light That Failed"
- Master Mold / Nimrod (Fused together)
- The Hellfire Club
- Orphan-Maker (Peter)
- The Reavers
- Carol Danvers (Persona takes over Rogue's psyche)
- Unnamed New York policemen and citizens
Synopsis for "The Light That Failed"
Before it is able to deal a death-blow to a beaten Rogue, the Master Mold finds itself under attack by the newly arrived X-Men. Using teamwork, the X-Men are able to apparently destroy the Sentinel, only to realize the battle has already taken the life of an innocent; Senator Kelly's wife, Sharon. With little warning, the Master Mold springs back to life. Using newly generated defenses and weapons, the rejuvenated Sentinel seems more than a match for the X-Men. Realizing that she still has the Siege Perilous in her possession, Dazzler throws the crystal amulet toward the Sentinel. The Siege Perilous grows to a tremendous size, large enough for the Master Mold to pass through. Rogue, sensing Dazzler's plan, uses her powers to push the Sentinel through the portal, but not without being dragged inside with it. Kelly blames mutants for his wife's death and ensures Shaw that his Sentinel project will get all required funding. Elsewhere the Reavers are plotting revenge on the X-Men, unaware that they are being watched by Nanny and the Orphan Maker, who want the X-Men for themselves.
- This issue is reprinted in many other comics and books, see references for more info.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 247 on the forums
- Images from Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 247
Links and References
- Uncanny X-Men at Wikipedia.org
- Uncanny X-Men series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Uncanny X-Men (1st series) index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- Uncanny X-Men series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- Uncanny X-Men at the Complete Marvel Reading Order
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 10/18/2009
- The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men Vol 2 #5 - See for further referencing
|Like this? Let us know!|