- Rock-a-bye baby... in the treetop. When the wind blows... the cradle will rock. When the bough breaks... the cradle will fall! ...And down will come Psylocke... X-Men and all!
- -- Nanny
Appearing in "The Cradle Will Fall"
- The X-Men
- Orphan-Maker (Peter)
- The Reavers
- Spiral (Ricochet Rita) (Dream)
- Mojo (Dream)
- Rogue (Dream)
- Wolverine Reaver robot (Destroyed)
Races and Species:
- Danger Room, Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, Salem Center, North Center, Westchester County, New York, United States (Mentioned)
- Nanny's Ship (Destroyed)
Synopsis for "The Cradle Will Fall"
Donald Pierce and his new compatriots, the Reavers, practice their coming attack on the X-Men. Meanwhile, back in Australia, Longshot dreams. In the state of Dreamtime, brought on by Gateway, Longshot speaks with Storm and tells her that he must leave the group to search for his identity. Nanny and the Orphan Maker, knowing of the coming deadly conflict with the Reavers, finalize their plan to save the X-Men, quite against their will. They arrive at the X-Men camp and swiftly capture Psylocke, Havok, and Dazzler. The three captured X-Men are placed in armor, designed by Nanny, which bends the X-Men against their will. The three are then forced to use their powers against the still free X-Men, Storm, and Colossus. During the following conflict Havok is freed from his armor. Still groggy, he fires a plasma discharge at Nanny's fleeing sky ship, which crashes to the ground, exploding on impact. To his horror, Havok is informed that the ship carried not only the fleeing Nanny and Orphan Maker, but the captured Storm as well. She is found dead among the debris.
- Longshot has left the team to learn about his past.
- This is Jim Lee's first work in the Uncanny X-Men.
Links and References
- The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men (Vol. 2) #5 - See for further referencing
|Like this? Let us know!|