- Step right up, then -- follow the spinning staff -- take your best shot -- if you dare!
- -- Gambit
Appearing in "Nanny: Into the Fire"
- X-Men (Photo)
- Dr. Lian Shen (Possessed by Shadow King)
- Jacob Reisz (Possessed by Shadow King)
- Nanny (Main story and flashback)
- Orphan-Maker (Peter) (Main story and flashback)
- Storm-LMD (Only in flashback) (Destroyed)
- Unnamed human "Hounds", servants of the Shadow King
- Unnamed bus-driver (Only in flashback) (Death)
- Unnamed New Orleans citizens
- Robin Hood (Referenced)
Races and Species:
- Mississippi (Mentioned)
- Egypt (Only in flashback)
- Cairo (Only in flashback)
- Florida (Referenced)
- Texas (Referenced)
- Derelict DC-6 plane
- Nanny's ship - (Destroyed)
Synopsis for "Nanny: Into the Fire"
Lian Shen and her Hounds have pursued Ororo and Gambit to a plane junkyard, where the two heroes barely manage to escape thanks to Ororo lifting a derelict plane with her powers. After an encounter with Nanny and the Orphan-Maker that leaves Ororo in his hysterics and denial, she and Gambit arrive in Gambit’s home, New Orleans, where the two of them begin to work as partners-in-crime. During Mardi Gras, Nanny and the Orphan-Maker catch up with them and capture Gambit, though Ororo secretly follows. On Nanny’s ship, she finally remembers how she was captured and taken there. While Nanny had Havok “kill” a SHIELD life decoy model with Storm’s features, the real Storm was reduced to childhood and stripped of her memories. Her panic gave Storm the berserker strength to overload Nanny’s systems and flee before he process was complete. With her memories intact, Ororo confronts Nanny and Orphan-Maker over Gambit. Their battle makes the ship crash in the swamp, with apparently only Storm and Gambit surviving. Afterward, Gambit suggests they continue their partnership. Ororo agrees, but explains she has other duties and begins telling him about he X-Men.
- 2nd appearance of Gambit
Links and References
- The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men Vol 2 #5 - See for further referencing
|Like this? Let us know!|