Appearing in "Payback"
- White Queen (Emma Frost) (Possessed by Jean Grey)
- Tarot (Marie-Ange Colbert) (Death)
- X.S.E. (First appearance)
- Sentinels (Earth-1191)
- Bantam (First appearance)
- Sentinels Mk VI
- Burke (Only appearance; dies)
- Kroeger (Only appearance; dies)
- Stylles (First appearance)
- Several unnamed mutant criminals from Earth-1191
- Hellfire Club (Mentioned)
- Gateway (Mentioned)
- Donald Pierce (Corpse)
- Unnamed guards for Trevor Fitzroy
- Unnamed Upstart assassin
- Several unnamed Hellions (Death)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "Payback"
The X-Men return to the mansion with the body of Jean Grey, who was killed by the Sentinels while the X-Men attended a party at the Hellfire Club. Xavier scans Jean and discovers that the woman is not dead, but has somehow transferred her psyche into the body of Emma Frost, who supposedly died, though Xavier does not believe so. Jean wakes up inside Emma’s body and witnesses Fitzroy forcibly take control of the Upstarts from Shinobi Shaw. Later on, Fitzroy displays his powers and opens a portal to the future to bring some of his allies. When he tries to absorb Emma, Jean retaliates and surprises everyone with her telekinesis. The X-Men find Jean, thanks to data from a Sentinel, and they bring her back to the Blackbird to return her back to her body. The other X-Men stay behind to battle Fitzroy, who kills all the Hellions in his possession and opens a giant portal, which unleashes an army of denizens from the future. The X-Men defeat the army and turn their attention to Fitzroy, who is attacked by new arrivals from the portal, including a man named Bishop, who wears a uniform similar to those of the X-Men!
- This issue is reprinted in many other comics and books, see references for more info.
- The Hellion, Tarot, is killed in this issue, however she was also killed in the last issue. This discrepancy was never explained.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 282 on the forums
- 7 Images from Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 282
- 1 Reprints of Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 282
- Uncanny X-Men #281 - Fitzroy attacks the Hellions and X-Men.
Links and References
- Uncanny X-Men at Wikipedia.org
- Uncanny X-Men series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Uncanny X-Men (1st series) index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- Uncanny X-Men series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- Uncanny X-Men at the Complete Marvel Reading Order
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 11/29/2009
- The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men Vol 2 #5 - See for further referencing
|Like this? Let us know!|