- Let us all hope your confidence in me is well founded. Because, my students, I am proud to formally introduce you to Bishop -- the newest X-Man!
- -- Professor X
Appearing in "Bishop to King's Five!"
- Xavier Security Enforcers (Disbands)
- The Witness (LeBeau) (Only in flashback) (First appearance)
- Shackle (Only in flashback) (First appearance)
- Several unnamed mutants of Earth-1191
- Unnamed New Yorkers
- Unnamed guards and companions to the Witness
- Anthony Shaw (Mentioned)
- Jean Grey (Future) (Only appearance; dies) (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Professor X (Future) (Mentioned) (Death)
- X-Men (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- New York
- Bishop's alternate reality (Only in flashback)
- The Pool
- New Salem (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "Bishop to King's Five!"
Bishop, Malcolm and Randall attack the last group of criminals in a New York City nightclub, where they kill most of them. The tide of the battle shifts and the criminals kill Malcolm and Randall in an explosion that also kills almost all of the surviving bad guys, except for two. Bishop is about to avenge Malcolm and Randall’s death, when the X-Men arrive. Bishop shoots at Storm but is actually aiming for the killer behind her. The team mistakes Bishop’s shots as hostility and attack him, which leads to Bishop being impaled. While the X-Men discover the truth, Bishop runs after the last criminal, Styglut, only to pass out in an alley. While unconscious, Bishop dreams about the events preceding this in his own time, when he and the others captured Fitzroy in the sewers. They discovered a recording by Jean Grey in the sewers, proving that the X-Men were killed by one of their own. Bishop contacted the Witness, who reportedly was the last to see the X-Men alive, but the man refused to help. Fitzroy escaped from prison and took an army of criminals to the past. Bishop, Malcolm and Randall followed. Bishop wakes up in the infirmary, convinced that these are the real X-Men. Xavier speaks with Bishop and, moments later, surprises the team by making Bishop the newest X-Man.
- Bishop remembers how he captured Fitzroy. He stumbles across a recording of Jean Grey saying the X-Men were all dead and then is left in the present when he goes through Fitzroy's portal to capture him again.
- This issue is reprinted in many other comics and books, see references for more info.
- Uncanny X-Men #282 - Bishop, Malcolm, and Randall are stranded in this timeline
- Uncanny X-Men #286 - Mikhail Rasputin is rescued from the Void-dimension
Links and References
- Uncanny X-Men at Wikipedia.org
- Uncanny X-Men series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Uncanny X-Men (1st series) index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- Uncanny X-Men series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- Uncanny X-Men at the Complete Marvel Reading Order
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 12/02/2009
- The Official Marvel Index to the X-Men Vol 2 #5 - See for further referencing
|Like this? Let us know!|