- Rachel --in the future you remember, by the time you were old enough to know your family, they'd all been killed. This is your chance to catch up with everything you missed out on
- -- Kitty Pryde
Appearing in "Last Night I Had the Strangest Dream"
- X.S.E. (Disbands)
- Shadowcat (Kitty Pryde) (Main story and flashback)
- Cyclops (Scott Summers)
- Emma Frost
- Canonball (Sam Guthrie) (Rejoins Team)
- Beast (Hank McCoy)
- Marie D'Ancanto
- Vange Whedon
- New Excalibur
- Grey Family
- FEMA (Mentioned)
- Red Cross (Mentioned)
Races and Species
- Future (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "Last Night I Had the Strangest Dream"
Marvel Girl is reminded of her dystopian past (Days of Future Past) as she sneaks by the Sentinels stationed at the institute. Mutants now face a new threat bringing them on the "brink of extinction." At the home of John and Elaine Grey, Rachel and her grandfather play an enjoyable game of basketball. Elaine misses her daughters greatly and this is picked up by Rachel's telepathic talents. Whilst at the mansion estate, Psylocke performs her daily exercises in plain sight of the Sentinels. Inside a conference room, Cyclops and Emma Frost welcome Valerie Cooper and other government representatives to the institute. The officials are denied information on the previous mutant population because Cyclops has purged the files from Cerebra. At a local supermarket, Rachel picks up a magazine with a picture of a Sentinel on the cover, and is again reminded of her own tragic time. Back at the Grey household, Rachel converses with her best friend, Shadowcat, over the telephone. Kitty convinces Rachel to go to a family reunion that is presented in her honor. Rachel proceeds to mingle with various relatives but is quickly rushed off by a young gentleman named Terry Maguire. The suitor introduces himself to her, but Rachel's grandfather interrupts them in the pursuit of a dance. When Rachel tells him she was never taught to dance, he feels privileged to teach her. Without warning, John Grey is disintegrated before Rachel's very eyes.
- Part of the Decimation event.
- This issue is 1 of 3 in the story arc entitled "Grey's End".
- (In a few panels) After fishing with Cannonball Nightcrawler receives a call from Nocturne, his alternate future daughter. As referenced in this issue, Nocturne has joined Captain Britain in the formation of the "New Excalibur".
- In Storm's carriage house, Bishop is seen running Sage's cyber-network and Vange Whedon converses with Marie D'Ancanto over the current situation (Decimation).
- The threat that mutants now face, is the apparent depowering of mutants in the aftermath of the House of M
- Jean Grey died in New X-Men #150 and was resurrected during X-Men Phoenix Endsong Vol 1, where she returned to the White Hot Room to collect her missing fragments.
- Sarah Grey-Bailey was absorbed by Phalanx (see Phalanx Covenant).
- Rachel first met her grandparents at a Christmas party in X-Men 165.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 466 on the forums
- Images from Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 466
|Like this? Let us know!|