Appearing in "Double-Edged"
- Korvus Rook'shir (Main story and flashback)
- Rook'shir (First appearance) (Only in flashback) (Death)
- Imperial Guard (Only in flashback)
- Cyclops (Scott Summers) (Mentioned)
- Emma Frost (Mentioned)
- Shi'ar Death Commandos (Mentioned)
- Phoenix (Mentioned)
- Shi'ar soldiers (Vision)
- Members of Korvus' family (Vision)
- Sentinels (Earth-811) (Vision)
Races and Species:
- Shi'ar space
Synopsis for "Double-Edged"
Released from his prison, Korvus picks up the Blade of the Phoenix; a sword that can only be handled by an heir of Rook'Shir. Chancellor K'tor tells him that if he harms any Shi’ar, an implant in Korvus' brain will kill him. Weeks Later, onboard the Shi'ar Star Cruiser (X-Bug), Warpath speaks to Nightcrawler about his home-sickness. Marvel Girl and Professor Xavier are working on her telepathy but after a minor argument, she admits to him about her suspicions concerning their Shi'ar passengers. Marvel Girl tells him that for the past two days the Phoenix Death Mark (branded on her back) has felt like it is heating beneath her skin. Meanwhile Korvus secretly docks in the X-Bug's loading bay and a security warning alerts the X-Men. When the group confronts the intruder, Korvus exclaims that he is only after Marvel Girl. The X-Men refuse to allow that to happen, and as Korvus swings his blade around (defeating all of his opponents), Marvel Girl is flung across the room by an unknown force. Professor Xavier is at the helm and tries get in contact with the others. He orders the Shi'ar crewmen, who just entered the control room, to find out what's happening. However, they refuse and threaten him with a weapon. Korvus looms over Marvel Girl's body, as her death-mark flames with power. The two exchange powerful attacks and as he strikes her with the Blade of the Phoenix, they merge minds and exchange memories. After Marvel Girl absorbs a portion of the sword's power, she deactivates Korvus’ implant with her telekinesis. She forgives her attacker, but when his jump ship leaves the Docking Bay she starts to panic. Marvel Girl's telepathy reveals that Professor X is gone and Darwin holds onto the spacecraft that is holding him captive.
- This issue is Chapter Five of the Twelve issue story arc entitled "The Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire"
- The Imperial Guard was shown to have been formed following a member of the Shi'ar gaining the power of the Phoenix Force and wreaking havoc in their galaxy.
- Shi'ar Death Commandos imprinted a deathmark on Rachel’s back so that they could track her.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 479 on the forums
- 5 Image(s) from Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 479
- 1 Reprints of Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 479
- Uncanny X-Men #466 - #468 (Grey’s End)
|Like this? Let us know!|