Located deep within the Earth directly under New York City itself, Under York City is a structurally identical cityscape matching New York City from the 1940s due to their interaction with surface dwellers. However, following Under York's shift to a dictatorship, they became isolated and alienated from the surface world which bypassed them in terms of cultural growth and technological advancement.
During the 1940s, Under York was a developing metropolis with ideas and culture being shared into it by superheroes from New York City over the course of a generation. From this sharing of ideas and culture, Under York was a thriving metropolis, until a change in leadership led to an increase in xenophobia and isolationism.
Spider-Man was led by the Rumor to venture into Under York after beginning an investigation into a missing neighbor, Leilani, after her abduction by her father the Mayor of Under York, Hale Carrick.
Points of Interest
The city of Under York is topographically identical to the surface world's New York City.
- See also: Category:New York City
- Empire State Building - Under York built and owns the original version of the building, which was then replicated in New York.
- The Daily Sousaphone - A newspaper from the 1940s, which reported on the riots that occurred after Under York became a dictatorship.
Hale Carrick, deposed former ruler of Under York. 
- 2 appearance(s) of Under York
- 1 minor appearance(s) of Under York
- 3 mention(s) of Under York
- 1 image(s) of Under York