Origins and early years
They carved (or had others do it) weird geometric forms in what is a valley in the Himalayas, and had three demons, "Creatures of the Night" guard over the Idol of the Nameless One, a gateway between the worlds of demons and men.
They were present allegedly in each pagan ceremony and heathen ritual, and it is said that men sold their souls for power.
Then, a thousand years ago, their powers waned. To replenish them, the Undying returned to their world for a thousand years. They persisted as legends (including the mention of the idol), and those who were suspected of worshiping them were arrested without more motive than their accusation.
The Undying Ones' powers waning and them fleeing was mentioned in the Necronomicon (though that event was stated to occur 1000 years ago, and the Necronomicon was written earlier, during the 8th century).
They were discovered by Kenneth Ward who found statues representing the Undying Ones on an expedition.
Later, they were briefly taken over by the Dark Crawler, before being taken over by a second demon with the title Nameless One. The Undying Ones were attacked by a mystically enhanced Wolverine.
Many of the Undying Ones were killed in the battle along with their ruler, the second Nameless One. The first Nameless One once again took leadership of the Undying Ones and led them on another failed invasion of Earth.
Powers and Abilities
Varies but often have super strength and limited magic abilities. some have shown the ability to shapeshift into human form
Average Strength Level
Unknown but stronger than humans
- According to Roy Thomas, who created the Undying Ones in Doctor Strange #183 (November, 1969), the Undying Ones were created in the "Lovecraftian tradition" (Thomas even started the issue with a quote from "The Call of Cthulhu", by H.P. Lovecraft), though the storyline had to be ended in two other books, Sub-Mariner and Incredible Hulk, where it lost of its impact due to the use of other characters, artists, etc.
- 11 appearance(s) of Undying Ones
- 1 minor appearance(s) of Undying Ones
- 3 mention(s) of Undying Ones
- 4 representative(s) of Undying Ones