Around 500,000 years ago the Eternal Kronos managed to isolate the cosmic energy that empowered the Eternals, but the volatile containment tube shattered and exploded. The explosion transformed Kronos into a cosmic entity, but also killed all the other Eternals.
After being reborn in the Activation Chamber the Eternals discovered that Kronos' experiment had increased their powers. With their new abilities, the Eternals then discovered they could join their will and intelligence into one powerful entity, which they called the Uni-Mind.
Having no race or gender, the Uni-Mind was made of light, mind, and pure energy, and other species, such as humans, could join safe from harm. The Prime Eternal is, normally, the only one able to summon the ritual of the Uni-Mind, determined either by heirdom or by combat in the Hall of Eternal Judgment.
When Makkari, Thena, Sersi, and Druig were reduced to human form and attacked at a party, a minor Uni-Mind subconsciously linked them enough to begin reactivating their Eternal abilities.
After Phastos revealed to his fellow Eternals that every one of their resurrections cost the life of a human being, Zuras assembled a Uni-Mind. While he assumed his re-election as Prime Eternal , he found himself outmaneuvered by Druig, who brought Thanos into the Uni-Mind and managed assemble a significant voting block in his favor. Thanos was elected Prime Eternals, and upon leaving the Uni-Mind, killed both Zuras and Druig.
- Eternals (Vol. 3) presented many inconsistencies and retcons regarding many aspects of the Eternals, including the Uni-Mind. Eternals (Vol. 4) #9 confirmed that a Uni-Mind could be created with only three Eternals.
- 19 appearance(s) of Uni-Mind (Earth-616)
- 2 minor appearance(s) of Uni-Mind (Earth-616)
- 8 mentions of Uni-Mind (Earth-616)
- 9 image(s) of Uni-Mind (Earth-616)