I hate to stop you when you're on such a roll, but you should be aware that the status of Transformers on this site is uncertain because Marvel does not currently own the rights to them. To whit (and as vaguely decided about GIJoe, which is in a similar position), creating comic issue pages is ok (because those issues are still the property of marvel), but creating pages about characters, teams, and the like probably isn't. --Squirrelloid 14:49, 2 March 2007 (UTC)
- Hello Gaastra!
- Thank you again for contributing. :)
- We would ask though, if you plan to continue to contribute transformers stuff, it should mostly be 'landing pages' which link to the much more appropriate Transformers Wiki.
- Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
- We do not want full Transformers character profiles on our Marvel Comics site, only Transformers Comics made by Marvel would be appropriate.
- --Jamie 18:33, 13 October 2007 (UTC)
When I saw your name I was asking myself if you are Dutch? Peter Wildenbeest 12:16, 4 March 2007 (UTC)
Gaastra, I would like to say you are doing a good job on the site. I did want to ask one thing. If at all possible do you think that you might be able to use the templates when editing. It would save much time and show you and us what needs to be added onto the page. You can find character template here and a comic page template here. I know they can be a little overwhelming at first and I would gladly hlep you use them if you have any questions. Thanks. --M1shawhan 23:56, 4 March 2007 (UTC)
Hey Gaastra! You're doing a great job uploading new images. Could you please add them to the character gallery too, not only a character's page? I've added Aleta's pics to Character Gallery Aleta Ogord. Let me know if you have any questions and keep up the good work. Copycat989 17:40, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
You are doing awesome uploading images and apparently all of us are noticing. One more item to ask. On the images that are loaded, it seems that you are adding them on the pages as "Image:abcd123.jpg" and not setting any format to them. This makes pages formats look very odd when viewing your cool pictures you added. Try doing this instead -- when adding a pic to an article, put it to "Image:abcd123.jpg|frame|right". Put the brackets at both ends and you can even play around with the images to view them before. See below for examples and an easier way that I was shown when I first started uploading images.
- 2 tricks to scanning images which make them an appropriate size for uploading. 1) Choose .gif over .jpg if possible. 2) Reduce the quality of your upload to about 80% (depending on the scanner). Ultimately, you should be able to clearly view the image at about 400 pixels x 400 pixels. The size can be as large as you want, but keeping it under 200kb allows readers of our pages not to have to wait forever for the page to load. My favourite size is between 80kb and 120kb for a great image.
- Once you have uploaded the image, you can modify it in the article itself by using the following code:
- [[Image:Smallmarvellogo.gif|50px|Marvel (50 pixels wide)]] & [[Image:Smallmarvellogo.gif|90px|Marvel (90 pixels wide)]] & [[Image:Smallmarvellogo.gif|Marvel (full width)]] produce:
- Marvel (50 pixels wide) & Marvel (90 pixels wide) & Marvel (full width)
- You can also adjust settings between the | (lines). If you use frame or thumb, it will give you frames or thumbnail pics. Please, play around with these features and let me know if I can help you further. --M1shawhan 03:02, 21 April 2007 (UTC)
Further with the topic images, could you please check before you upload images especially comic book cover images whether they have already been uploaded and use the previously uploaded one or to make the previous one better, thanks -- Maxdillon 21:22, 24 April 2007 (UTC)
Transformers and GI Joe
Hi there, Gaastra!
Nice job on working on new Marvel Adventures Characters. You'll notice that I tweaked the names a little bit, by taking out the space before the last ), and changing spider-woman's name to her real name (since we know it).
But when it comes to Arcee, since there's a whole 'nother Wiki specifically about those characters already, we don't cover them here. Feel free to link to the characters you like over there from here, but we don't want pages on characters that are covered better elsewhere. Cool?
- It totally just occurred to me that you might not have the buttons above the edit space. When you're editing a page, do you see a series of light blue buttons above the part where you type?
- — Nathan (Peteparker) (Earth-1218) (talk • contribs • email) 22:51, 27 January 2009 (UTC)
Ok. no more transformers stuff. Blue light?