It comprised the western portion of the region called Nordheim. It was a somber country, mostly a bleak tundra plain that was snow-covered through the long winters. Swampy taiga forests probably clothed its high southern regions thinly. Glaciers crept down from the Eiglophian Mountains in the south and the Blue Mountains on the frontier with Aesgaard. Far to the north were more mountains, crowned with a permanent ice cap that grew larger as the climate changed.
Origins and ancient days
2,500 years after the Lesser Cataclysm (which seemingly took place in 17,500 BC), circa 15,000 BC, the Nordics (Aesir and Vanir) drove all the remaining Hyborian tribes out of all the snow-countries, save for Hyperborea. Their land was known as Nordheim, the Vanir living in Vanaheim, the western part of it.
Circa 9,500 BC, before the post-Hyborian Cataclysm, Vanir adventurers came to Stygia, where they overthrew the ruling class building a vast southern empire which they called Egypt. The early Pharaohs boasted to descend from them.
Post-Hyborian Cataclysm (9,500-8,000 BC?) / Early History
After the post-Hyborian Cataclysm, which occurred between 9,500 and 8,000 BC, the northern Vanir, one of the variations among the Sons of Aryas (or Aryans), descended into the Danes.
Circa 8250 BC, the land was set in Northern Vanaheim (which became later known as Scandinavia), on the European continent. Around that time, the man who would become the monster hunter Ulysses Bloodstone was born and became immortal thanks to the Bloodgem during an event that destroyed his entire tribe.
- 23 Appearances of Vanaheim (Hyboria)
- 2 Minor Appearances of Vanaheim (Hyboria)
- 33 Media Vanaheim (Hyboria) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Vanaheim (Hyboria)
- Location Gallery: Vanaheim (Hyboria)
- 6 locations in Vanaheim (Hyboria)
Links and References
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Handbook of the Conan Universe #1; Vanaheim's entry
- ↑ Conan the Adventurer #12; The Talisman of Tolometh Part IV
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Savage Sword of Conan #40; A Gazeteer of the Hyborian Age, Part VIII: Vanir's entry
- ↑ Savage Sword of Conan #14; A Kull Glossary: kingdom of Thule's entry
- ↑ Savage Sword of Conan #12; The Hyborian Age Chapter 3: The Hyborian Kingdoms
- ↑ Savage Sword of Conan #15; The Hyborian Age Chapter 4: The Beginning of the End
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Savage Sword of Conan #17; The Hyborian Age Chapter 6: The Darkness... and the Dawn
- ↑ Savage Sword of Conan #17; The Hyborian Age - Chapter 6
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Mystic Arcana: The Book of Marvel Magic #1; Tribe of the Moon's entry
- ↑ All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #1; Atlantis' entry
- ↑ All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #8; N'Garai's entry
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z #2; Ulysses Bloodstone's entry