Realizing the corruptive influence the symbiote was having on him after lashing out at his landlord under its influence, Peter locked the symbiote in his closet and returned to his original costume. After Harry Osborn blackmailed Mary Jane into breaking up with Peter and mockingly told him that she was having an affair with him, Peter rebonded to the symbiote and severely disfigured Harry Osborn during a fight. Embracing the symbiote, Peter again became self-absorbed, arrogant, and lecherous. Seeking to get back at Mary Jane, under the symbiote's influence Peter took Gwen Stacy on a date to the nightclub where MJ had gotten a job. Getting into a fight with the bouncers, Peter impulsively struck Mary Jane and abruptly realized what the symbiote was doing to him. Travelling to a nearby church, Peter entered the belltower and attempted to remove it.
The symbiote, unwilling to relinquish its host, fought to prevent the separation, but Peter's accidental ringing of the church bells produced sonic vibrations that weakened the alien long enough for Peter to shed it. As it fell, the symbiote latched onto Eddie Brock, who had been praying for Peter Parker's death at the church and, hearing Peter's screams, came to check out the commotion. The symbiote aggressively bonded to Brock, granting him the powers and memories of Spider-Man, and transforming him into the monstrous Venom. Initially overwhelmed, Brock came to embrace the symbiote's power and joined it in its quest to kill Spider-Man.
Venom tracked down and allied with Sandman to kidnap Mary Jane in order to lure out Spider-Man. When Spider-Man did arrive, Venom engaged him in battle, with the symbiote using Brock's body to match Spider-Man's strength and skill, until the appearance of a newly-gigantic Sandman incapacitated Spider-Man, allowing Venom to hold him in place while his new ally beat Spider-Man to death; however, a timely intervention from the New Goblin tipped the fight in Spider-Man's favour. After a prolonged battle, Spider-Man made an effort to appeal to Brock, but he was too far gone, consumed by his own hatred and the symbiote's influence. Venom's attempt to impale Spider-Man with the New Goblin's glider was interrupted by the Goblin himself, who sacrificed himself to save his friend. In doing so, the symbiote's weakness to sonic vibrations was also revealed, allowing Spider-Man to use a cage of vibrating steel pipes to disrupt the symbiote and pull Brock from its clutches. When Venom revealed that it no longer needed a host by growing to a gigantic, monstrous form, Spider-Man threw a pumpkin bomb into its mass; Brock attempted to leap into the symbiote to rejoin it just before the bomb detonated, incinerating him along with the symbiote.
- Doctor Connors has a little living piece of the Symbiote. What happened to that piece later is unknown.
- In the novelisation of Spider-Man 3, the symbiote's final battle with Spider-Man sees it having devoured Brock's body to create a solid form for itself, using his skeleton as a framework (in a manner similar to the Black Suit of Earth-9811). Spider-Man then kills it by repeatedly striking the steel pipes caging the symbiote until its form dissipates entirely.
- A deleted scene shows Peter seeing his reflection as Venom in the mirror, explaining his panicked state while locking the symbiote in his closet.
- 5 Appearances of Venom (Symbiote) (Earth-96283)
- Minor Appearances of Venom (Symbiote) (Earth-96283)
- Media Venom (Symbiote) (Earth-96283) was Mentioned in
- 27 Images featuring Venom (Symbiote) (Earth-96283)
- Quotations by or about Venom (Symbiote) (Earth-96283)
- Character Gallery: Venom (Symbiote) (Earth-96283)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|