Ostensibly in order to prevent Dark Carnage from unleashing Knull, the Maker constructed the S.C.I.T.H.E., a machine to harvest symbiote codices; disinforming the heroes that his machine would destroy the codices out of a desire to study what would happen if multiple codices were amalgamated, and intending to merge them with a sample of the Venom symbiote from Earth-1610. Once the machine was completed, it was used to harvest codices of Venom, Carnage, Riot, Lasher, Phage, Agony, Tyrannosaurus, Mania, Sleeper, and other symbiotes from several former hosts - including Captain America, Hawkeye, Wolverine, and the Thing.
When Dark Carnage ripped the Venom symbiote from the Hulk and assimilated it, Eddie Brock punched through the S.C.I.T.H.E.'s containment tank and bonded to the codices, which interfaced with his own codices and amalgamated into a powerful symbiote identical in appearance to Venom. The gestalt symbiote enabled Eddie to trade blows with Dark Carnage, ultimately manifesting a Necrosword and killing him. When the Venom symbiote rebonded to Eddie, the gestalt symbiote was assimilated into it alongside the Carnage-ized Grendel symbiote.
The gestalt symbiote possesses the combined memories and personalities of the hosts its codices were harvested from, initially disparate before merging into a single personality. Following its assimilation, the gestalt symbiote's personality was subsumed by the Venom symbiote's.
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Strength: The gestalt symbiote made its host powerful enough to trade blows with Dark Carnage, who still possessed the upper hand in terms of strength.
- Superhuman Durability: The gestalt symbiote was durable enough to withstand several blows from Dark Carnage, whose strength surpassed that of the Venom-augmented Savage Hulk.
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Speed
- Superhuman Agility
- Superhuman Reflexes
- Regenerative Healing Factor
- Genetic Memory: The gestalt symbiote possesses the combined memories of Captain America, Hawkeye, Wolverine, the Thing, and other hosts from whom its constituent codices were harvested. However, these powers were only temporary, and faded after the gestalt symbiote was assimilated by Venom.
- Constituent-Matter Generation
- Shapeshifting: The gestalt symbiote was capable of forming tendrils from its consituent living abyss, could manifest wings resembling those of a symbiote dragon, and could manifest a Necrosword.
The gestalt symbiote possesses the combined abilities of Captain America, Hawkeye, Wolverine, the Thing, and other hosts from whom its constituent codices were harvested. However, these abilities were only temporary, and faded after the gestalt symbiote was assimilated by Venom.
The gestalt symbiote can manifest fangs, claws, blades, and tendrils from its constituent living abyss.
The gestalt symbiote can fly by manifesting draconic wings from its back.
- Its creation is reminiscent of the birth of the Hybrid Symbiote due to being made of more than one symbiote, although in its case they were codices.
- Writer Donny Cates expressed annoyance with the fandom labeling the codex amalgam "Legion", saying that any symbiote that Eddie Brock bonds to becomes the "Venom symbiote" due to him having been the one who first came up with the alias. However, this comment fails to encompass Eddie going by "Anti-Venom" and "Toxin" while bonded to those symbiotes, or the symbiote usually referred to as "Venom" calling itself by that alias when bonded to people other than Eddie and even when without a host.
- According to the Maker, the codices were destroyed when Eddie killed Cletus Kasady and absorbed his symbiote.
- 2 appearance(s) of Venom III (Klyntar) (Earth-616)
- 1 minor appearance(s) of Venom III (Klyntar) (Earth-616)
- 1 mention(s) of Venom III (Klyntar) (Earth-616)
- 7 image(s) of Venom III (Klyntar) (Earth-616)
- 1 victim(s) killed by Venom III (Klyntar) (Earth-616)