The Venom Virus was created by Kristoff Vernard using a sample of the Venom symbiote taken using time-travel from its time in captivity by the Fantastic Four. Kristoff later sold it to Victor von Doom through proxies and arranged its deployment on American soil, knowing it would be traced back to Doom, who would consequently be arrested and incarcerated.
Stored in a satellite, the Venom Virus was "accidentally" deployed over Manhattan and infected both various superhuman individuals and thousands of regular civilians and animals. Iron Man was eventually able to synthesize an antidote for the Venom Virus, stopping its spread and curing those who were infected.
Powers and Abilities
The Venom Virus covers its infected host in biomass that functions similarly to a normal symbiote, granting them an elongated jaw, fangs, claws and prehensile tongue; and making them highly aggressive and animalistic in behavior.
Unlike normal symbiotes, the Venom Virus possesses the following limitations in its infection:
- Chemically Enhanced Physiology: The Venom Virus is seemingly unable to infect individuals whose body has been vastly chemically altered, such as the Sentry.
- Kree-Altered Genetic Structure: The Venom Virus is seemingly unable to infect individuals who have been genetically altered to possess a Kree genetic structure.
- Ionic Energy Form: The Venom Virus is unable to infect individuals who are in fact not organic but ionic.
- God Physical Anatomy: The Venom Virus is unable to infect Gods (i.e. Olympians).
- Titanium-Hard Steel Skin: The Venom Virus is unable to infect individuals whose skin is as hard as titanium steel.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: The Venom Virus struggles to infect individuals who possess a regenerative healing factor. This is because the regenerative healing factor attempts to purge the virus from the individual.
- Antidote: Iron Man synthesized an antidote that stopped the virus from spreading and freed its hosts.
The Venom Virus also infected twelve thousand, nine hundred and forty-three New Yorkers (both humans and animals).
- While the Venom Virus was created using a sample of the Venom symbiote, it is not considered a symbiote.
- 6 Appearances of Venom Virus
- 1 Minor Appearances of Venom Virus
- 2 Media Venom Virus was Mentioned in
- 18 Images featuring Venom Virus
- Item Gallery: Venom Virus
Links and References
- Mighty Avengers #9
- New Avengers #36
- Spider-Man / Fantastic Four #4
- New Avengers #34-36
- Mighty Avengers #7-8
- Venomized #1
- Mighty Avengers #8
- Cates, Donny (8 July 2019). DONNY CATES on Twitter: "The venom bomb was not *technically* a symbiote. It was an artificial bio weapon.". Twitter. Retrieved on 10 July 2019.