Chase Stein, husband of Janet Stein, and a founding member of The Pride.
- The twelve of us joined The Pride because we each wanted one of the Gibborim's six tickets to paradise for ourselves. We never would have given up that shot at eternal life if my wife hadn't become pregnant...if all of us hadn't decided that needed little ones to share our empty mansions with. But it was years ago that we agreed to donate our chance at immortality to those six kids. Back then, none of us imagined that we would ever want to live forever. Surviving to an age like forty sounded like an eternity already, more than enough time to enjoy all the Gibborim had granted us. But now we're old men, rapidly approaching the Final Wave, and the ungrateful brats we sacrificed everything for have abandoned us. Admit it, some nights, you think about letting your son perish with the rest of this wretched populace...and taking his spot in the Next World for yourself.
- -- Victor Stein src
Victor Stein and his wife husband Janet were accomplished and well-regarded engineers. The couple made their fortune from inventing a tool that removes stickers from CDs. As world-renowned brilliant scientists and inventors even Tony Stark was once impressed by their work.
As members of the Pride, the Steins used their advanced technology and engineering skills to assist in ruling the Los Angeles underworld, sacrificing to the Gibborim, protecting their turf, and disposing of threats to their power for a quarter of a century. Together they created the Fistigons, the Leapfrog, and a device to contain a human soul. They also worked closely with Marcus Roston before falling out with him. Victor eventually had a falling out with his brother over the Pride's criminal activity.
Three years after the founding of the Pride, it was Janet's unexpected pregnancy and decision to give her chance at eternal life to her unborn child that convinced the other Pride members to do the same. Victor was unhappy with this decision and resented his son for taking away his chance of eternal life. This resentment was worsened when Chase grew up and demonstrated more aptitude for sports and athletics rather than science. As a result, Victor frequently physically abused his son. He was also occasionally physically abusive towards his wife. After their children discovered the Rite of Blood and ran away, Victor even suggested to Geoffrey Wilder that maybe their children didn't deserve the Gibborim's reward.
- Genius Intelligence: Stein was already a genius inventor, but the Gibborim increased it when he came under their service. As the scientists and engineers of the group he and his wife created advanced weapons, tech, and transport for the The Pride.
- Victor requires corrective lens.
- Leapfrog (formerly)
- Prior to battling him, Victor and Janet Stein met Tony Stark at an exo-skeleton conference in Geneva.
- 22 Appearances of Victor Stein (Earth-616)
- 7 Minor Appearances of Victor Stein (Earth-616)
- Media Victor Stein (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 33 Images featuring Victor Stein (Earth-616)
- 1 Quotations by or about Victor Stein (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Victor Stein (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Runaways #13
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Iron Man: Legacy #10
- ↑ Runaways Vol 3 #1
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Runaways #1
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Runaways #4
- ↑ Iron Man: Legacy #6-11
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Daken: Dark Wolverine #17
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Runaways #7
- ↑ Runaways Vol 3 #11
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Runaways Vol 3 #13
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 Runaways #14
- ↑ Runaways Vol 2 #23
- ↑ Avengers Arena #4
- ↑ Runaways #15-17
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 Runaways #2
- ↑ Runaways Vol 2 #14
- ↑ Runaways Vol 3 #5
- ↑ Runaways Vol 2 #27
|Like this? Let us know!|