Appearing in "Faith of our Fathers"
- Whizzer (Bob Frank) (Main story and flashback) (Death)
- Nuklo (Robert Frank, Jr.) (Main story and flashback)
- Isbisa / "Dr. I.S. Bishoff" (Simon Meke) (Main story and flashback)
- Avengers (Referenced)
- Samhain (Referenced)
- Goblin (Referenced)
- Ghost (Referenced)
- Jack O'Lantern (Referenced)
- Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) (Only in flashback)
- Crystal (Crystalia Amaquelin) (Only in flashback)
- Luna (Only in flashback)
- Black Bolt (Blackagar Boltagon) (Mentioned) (Only in flashback)
- Wanda and Pietro's biological father (Mentioned) (Only in flashback)
- Numerous unnamed New Yorkers (Only in flashback)
- Dr. Linda Hyams (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Lord (Yahweh) (Invoked) (Only in flashback)
- Unnamed Catholic bishop (Recap)
- All-Winners Squad (Recap)
- Bova Ayrshire (Recap)
Races and Species:
- Synthezoids (Main story and flashback)
- Humans (Main story and flashback)
- Mutants (Main story and flashback)
- Ancient Druid Deities (Referenced)
- Inhumans (Only in flashback)
- Human-Inhuman Hybrids (Only in flashback)
- New Men (Recap)
- Androids (Recap)
- Atlantean-Human Hybrids (Recap)
- Earth (Main story and flashback)
- United States of America (Main story and flashback)
- Earth Orbit (Only in flashback)
- Transia (Recap)
- Wundagore Mountain (Recap)
- Heaven (Invoked) (Only in flashback)
- Scarlet Witch's Suit (Main story and flashback)
- Quicksilver's Suit (Only in flashback)
- Bucky's Uniform (Recap)
- Captain America's Uniform and Shield (Replicas in recap)
Synopsis for "Faith of our Fathers"
Robert Frank goes to Wanda, Pietro, and the Vision for help to get custody of his son, Nuklo, in the hopes that the Inhumans are better suited to finding a cure for his mutation. Even though the twins now know Frank is not their real father, Wanda takes pity on him and agrees to help, feeling it's best to let Frank keep believing the lie. When Wanda and Vision go along with Frank to the hospital where Nuklo is being cared for, the head of the nursery, Dr.Bishoff, reveals himself to be the Whizzer's old enemy, Isbisa. He had been using his machine and a special containment suit to slowly siphon off Nuklo's energy to empower himself and seizes the moment that Nuklo is to be taken away to attack and enact his revenge.
During the battle, the Vision attempts to phase his arm through Isbisa, but it ends up melting his arm and forces him to amputate it. In his frustration, the Vision reveals to the Whizzer that Wanda isn't really his daughter. When Wanda explains, Frank is touched that they would risk everything for him even without the blood ties. Despite his age, the Whizzer attacks Isbisa with everything he has for the sake of his one, true son, and is mortally wounded. After that, Nuklo, Vision, and Wanda rally against Isbisa, damage his suit, and cause a final dispersal of energy that leaves both Isbisa and Nuklo depowered. In the climax of the fight, the Whizzer passes away, still believing in his children in his final moments.
- Wanda and Pietro learned that Robert Frank was not their father in Avengers #186, but the last time any of them interacted with him was in Avengers #164, so for much of this issue he still believes them to be his children. At this point, the twins' father was believed to be Magneto, though none of the characters involved are yet aware of the alleged connection.
- Quicksilver is living with his wife and newborn daughter in Attilan, which had recently relocated to the Moon in Fantastic Four #240.
- Whizzer's radioactive son, Nuklo, was last seen in Marvel Two-In-One #55 as one of the research subjects at Project P.E.G.A.S.U.S..
- The villain Isbisa had previously only appeared in the golden age story All Winners Comics #19.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Vision and the Scarlet Witch Vol 1 2 on the forums
- 4 Image(s) from Vision and the Scarlet Witch Vol 1 2
- 1 Reprints of Vision and the Scarlet Witch Vol 1 2
Links and References
-  plot summary at uncannyxmen.net
|Like this? Let us know!|