Wallachia was a nation of its own, encompassing Transia. described as a "Romanian principality" bordering Transylvania on the south (though Romania wasn't founded before the 19th century).
15th Century: War with the Ottomans
In 1431, the Holy Roman Emperor Sigismund II named Vlad Dracul prince of Wallachia, a Romanian principality bordering Transylvania on the south. Dracul would eventually been killed by Transylvanian followers of John Hunyadi, the leading crusader against the Turks.
In 1448, at 18 years old, Dracul's son Dracula took over the throne of Wallachia, with Turkish support, and ruled there for eight months before fleeing to Moldavia, in fear of the Transylvanians who had killed his father.
In 1459, aided by Hunyadi, Dracula became prince of Wallachia once again, and fought a brutal war against the Turks.
19th Century: Merging into Romania
Points of Interest
- 4 Appearances of Wallachia
- Minor Appearances of Wallachia
- 1 Media Wallachia was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Wallachia
- Location Gallery: Wallachia
- 3 locations in Wallachia
Links and References
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Marvel Atlas #1; Romania's entry
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Marvel Atlas #1; Transia's entry
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol 2 #17; Dracula's entry
- ↑ Marvel Atlas #1; Turkey's entry
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol 4 #18; Dracula's entry
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol 2 #20; Vampires' entry, Varnae