There may be six of them across the dimensions, all bearing the same name. They are one-foot long crystalline batons with demonic heads carved on either end.
During the Age of Conan, a priestess of Yog wielded what appeared to be a Wand of Watoomb.The priestess used it to conjure the elements, seemingly believing its power was drawn from Yog. She used to battle Conan, who managed to take it from her and strike at her with it, killing her. The wand then disappeared.
During a subsequent battle, Warren Traveler felt a connection between his Eye of Watoomb and this first Wand, so he stole it from Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum, only to be pursued by Ms. Marvel until it was recovered.
Later, during the Dark Reign, after Strange had fallen from the position of the Sorcerer Supreme due to use of dark magic, he explained to Wiccan that the Wand of Watoomb was among the various power-objects he would be forced to surrender to the new Sorcerer Supreme.
Madame Masque, upset that she had made off with a decoy Wand instead, killed her ex-Hydra informant for having provided what she believed to be false information, not knowing that there was indeed a second Wand that was now in Tony Stark's possession.
Ultimate Universe (Earth-1610)
In the reality-warped Earth-616 reality known as the House of M, the Great Golden Wand of Watoomb was destroyed, leaving only the Eye of Watoomb, a lesser talisman, though still quite powerful. It was stolen by Warren Traveler who replaced one of his own eyes with it.
Marvel Cinematic Universe (Earth-199999)
Powers and Abilities
The Wand absorbs and store mystical energy. Stored energy can be used for:
- Magical blasts
- Magical shields
- Opening inter-dimensional apertures
- Create scrying pools
- Enhance the effects of another spell the holder uses
Objects of near-omnipotent power, each Wand is controlled by mere thoughts of its user, primarily for enhancing, multiplying, gathering, focusing, and redirecting mystical energies. They can be used to block mystical attacks, and use the energy absorbed to either heal the wielder, unleash a damaging blast, or erect a defensive barrier. They can also be used to control the elements, open portals to other dimensions, and allow the wielder to scry any person, place, or thing they are familiar with.
- As seen in Marvel Team-Up #21, the Wand of Watoomb has a mystical connection to, and has been shown to be re-energized by, the Crystal of Kadavus.
- In the JLA/Avengers crossover, the Wand of Watoomb was one of the six magical objects that represented the Marvel Universe.
- 34 Appearances of Wand of Watoomb
- Minor Appearances of Wand of Watoomb
- 9 Media Wand of Watoomb was Mentioned in
- 12 Images featuring Wand of Watoomb
- Item Gallery: Wand of Watoomb
Links and References
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Invincible Iron Man Vol 3 #2
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Ms. Marvel Vol 2 #4
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Realms of Magic
- ↑ Savage Sword of Conan #188; Endless River of Blood
- ↑ Amazing Spider-Man Annual #2
- ↑ Ms. Marvel Vol 2 #4-5
- ↑ New Avengers #51
- ↑ Invincible Iron Man Vol 3 #1
- ↑ Star-Lord #2
- ↑ Ultimate Mystery #1
- ↑ Doctor Strange (film)