It's time to look at some real reruns.
- Billy Maximoff
- Tommy Maximoff
- Iryna Maximoff (First full appearance) (Only in flashback) (Death)
- Olek Maximoff (First full appearance) (Only in flashback) (Death)
- Pietro Maximoff (Only in flashback)
- Agatha Harkness (Origin revealed)
- "Pietro Maximoff" (Mentioned)
- Hydra (Only in flashback)
- S.W.O.R.D. (Main story and flashback)
- Darcy Lewis (Recap)
- Thanos (Recap)
- Evanora Harkness (Only appearance; dies)
- Señor Scratchy
- Stark Industries (Named only)
- Avengers (Only in flashback)
- WHiH World News (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Maria Rambeau (Photo)
- John Collins (Only in flashback)
- Harold Proctor (Only in flashback)
- Sharon Davis (Only in flashback)
- Pizza Delivery Man (Only in flashback)
Races and Species:
- Earth-199999 (Main story and flashback)
- Earth (Main story and flashback)
- United States of America (Main story and flashback)
- Sokovia (Only in flashback)
- Novi Grad (Only in flashback)
- Hydra Research Base (Only in flashback)
- Lagos (Named only)
- Earth (Main story and flashback)
Synopsis not yet written
|Wanda Maximoff||Elizabeth Olsen|
|Agatha Harkness||Kathryn Hahn|
|Director Hayward||Josh Stamberg|
|Sharon Davis (a.k.a. Mrs. Hart)||Debra Jo Rupp|
|John Collins (a.k.a. Herb)||David Payton|
|Harold Proctor (a.k.a. Phil Jones)||David Lengel|
|Pizza Delivery Man||Amos Glick|
|Agent Rodriguez||Selena Anduze|
|Evanora Harkness||Kate Forbes|
|Iryna Maximoff||Ilana Kohanchi|
|Young Wanda||Michaela Russell|
|Young Pietro||Gabriel Gurevich|
|Hydra Scientist||Hans Obma|
|Hydra Tech||Stephen Goldbach|
|Security Guard||Aaron Gillespie|
- The sitcoms Wanda watched as a child and that are featured in this episode are I Love Lucy, The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Addams Family, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, The Brady Bunch, Who's the Boss?, and Malcolm in the Middle.
- The Maximoff's are depicted to have a DVD of Malcolm in the Middle in March of 1999, however the series didn't premiere until January 2000. The DVD for season one was not released until 2002 in Region 1 (United States). Being a fictional European country, Sokovia would belong to Region 2 (Europe), where the DVD was not released until 2012.
- Similarly, licensed box sets of all the sitcoms they collected weren't likely to have existed until the mid-2000s.
- Wanda asks for The Dick Van Dyke Show season 2 episode 21, which is the episode "My Husband is a Check-Grabber", but what is played is actually season 2 episode 20, "It May Look Like a Walnut".
- In Avengers: Age of Ultron, Pietro tells the story of how the missile hit their home when they were having dinner. However, when we see the flashback in this episode, they are not having dinner, but together watching The Dick Van Dyke Show.
- This episode features the first time the name "Scarlet Witch" is mentioned on-screen by a character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Prior to this episode, Wanda was only referred to as the Scarlet Witch in the films' credits and in apocryphal material.
- Evanora Harkness' name could have been derived from Evanora, the Wicked Witch of the East, from iterations of The Wizard of Oz.
- Agatha uses a strand of Wanda's hair to create a portal, just as Doctor Strange did with Thor in Thor: Ragnarok.
- Agatha calls her basement a "bewitched basement," referencing the fact that the exterior set of her house is the same as the house used by the main witch character in the 1960s sitcom Bewitched.
- The episode of The Dick Van Dyke Show that Wanda chooses, entitled "It May Look Like a Walnut," is actually WandaVision director Matt Shakman's favorite episode of that series. The episode also bares similarity between its plot and the conceit of WandaVision, with the main character living out the strange reality from the plot of the television episode they just watched, which is why the episode was also chosen for the flashback.
- The theater marquee in the modern day showing a movie titled "Tanhauser Gate," is a reference to a line in Rutger Hauer's "Tears in rain" monologue from the 1982 sci-fi film Blade Runner.