This suit was built by Tony Stark for James "Rhodey" Rhodes during the Blip, after half the universe's population had been erased from existence by the Mad Titan Thanos. The armor was kept in storage at the New Avengers Facility.
Five years following Thanos' victory, the Avengers reassembled to undo the destruction he caused, and by that time Rhodes was already wearing the War Machine MK VI Armor. When the Avengers Facility was destroyed by the arsenal of a time-travelling younger Thanos, War Machine was plunged into the depths of the collapsing building, and his armor was badly damaged. When Ant-Man made his way to Rhodes, he passed by the MK V armor and presumably facilitated it to him. Rhodes then suited up in the MK V suit and used it in the final battle between the Avengers and Thanos' forces that resulted in the heroes' ultimate victory at the cost of Iron Man's life.
- While classified as the Iron Patriot MK II, this armor is technically the War Machine Armor MK V.
- This suit was originally going to be worn by Jim Rhodes for the entirety of Avengers: Endgame (minus the prologue). During the movie's shooting, a scene was recorded between Rhodey and Nebula, in which they shared an intimate moment of closeness. After filming wrapped up, production realized the bulky armor would not fit as the actors were too close together. Phil Saunders was called in late into post-production to design an additional slimmer suit for Rhodey to wear during the bulk of the film to solve the issue caused by the scene and hat suit became the War Machine Armor MK VI. The scene that caused this issue ended up being cut from the film.
- During the design process for the MK VI Armor, an idea was contemplated to make it an "undersuit" for the bulkier armor, something that could transform or bulk up to the MK V's form.
- Early promotional material and merchandise for Avengers: Endgame showed this armor with traditional War Machine colors and the marking "006" on its chestplate, indicating that this suit was originally going to be the War Machine Armor MK VI.
- Because this armor was originally going to be worn by Rhodey during the bulk of Avengers: Endgame, concept and promotional art for the Avengers' Team Suits also showed a variation of this armor in white, black and red, since the armor would also have been used for the Time Heist.
- 1 appearance(s) of War Machine Armor MK V (Earth-199999)
- 3 minor appearance(s) of War Machine Armor MK V (Earth-199999)
- 2 image(s) of War Machine Armor MK V (Earth-199999)