During a mission for the Pentagon to track down Palmer Addley, War Machine walked into a trap and was caught in a nuclear explosion, heavily damaging the suit. While the armor was repaired, Stark decided to provide Rhodes with a technology upgrade, and built him the War Machine Armor Model 6, a leaner and lighter suit that favored an stealth approach instead of shock and awe.
- The numerical designation provided in this article for this suit is tentative, based on an estimate of the number of models of the War Machine Armor that have existed.
- This armor's appearance is adapted from the War Machine Armor MK I from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which appeared in Iron Man 2.
- 28 appearance(s) of War Machine Armor Model 5
- 2 minor appearance(s) of War Machine Armor Model 5
- 30 image(s) of War Machine Armor Model 5