- This is wrong. He died fighting my battle.
- -- Adam Warlock
Appearing in "The Day of the Death Birds!"
- Jerry (First appearance)
- Ray (First appearance)
- Triax (Only in flashback)
- Barney Roberts (Only in flashback)
- David Carter (Only in flashback)
- Eddie Roberts (Corpse) (Only in flashback)
- Ellie Roberts (Only in flashback)
- Jason Grey (Only in flashback)
- Reed Richards (Counter-Earth) (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "The Day of the Death Birds!"
After Eddie Robert's funeral, Warlock returns to his cocoon. He awakes after two geologists warn him about a bomb test. Meanwhile, Von Doom tries to stop the test because it would have a disastrous effect on the San Andreas fault. Rex Carpenter, who has become President in the meantime, refuses to cancel the test. Just as Von Doom feared, the Deathbirds are activated by the ensuing earthquake and he calls President Carpenter again to get the Air Force moving. Again Carpenter turns Von Doom down and tells him that he will handle the Air-Force problem personally. Von Doom has a deactivator for the Deathbirds and uses it as he sees the aircraft following Warlock to the desert. Using the deactivator Von Doom detonates the Deathbirds
In a television speech, Rex Carpenter proclaims that Adam Warlock is a danger and that they all must stop at nothing to get rid of the danger.
The Day of the Death-Birds!
- Deathbirds are outlawed machines of destruction, they are unmanned aircrafts.
- The Deathbirds are written as one word in the book though they are seen as two words in the title (Death Birds). The Deathbirds are unmanned aircraft, that were deemed too vicious for civilized warfare and thus banned.
|Like this? Let us know!|