This page may contain spoilers with plot and/or ending details about stories which may not have yet been published or broadcast. Please see our spoiler policy for our rules governing articles about such subjects.
The Water Elemental was one of four threats staged by a group of former Stark Industries employees led by Quentin Beck. Following the death of Iron Man, they intended to faciliate Beck's rise to stardom as the world's new greatest hero. Using tactical combat drones combined with advanced holographic technology stolen from Stark Industries, Beck's crew orchestrated the catastrophic attack of different creatures around the globe which Beck would appear to defeat.
As part of the ruse, Beck had a new origin invented for himself and these creatures that became known as the Elementals; both would come from an alternate Earth codenamed "Earth-833." The Elementals were creatures that ravaged Quentin's homeworld, appeared on the new Earth as a consequence of a tear between both universes, and attacked the same locations that they did on Earth-833.
The Water Elemental's attack was staged in Venice. Peter Parker was caught in the middle of the attack, rescuing citizens and trying to reduce property damage. Beck appeared shortly afterwards and lured the monster away from the canals before blasting him.
As he started to gain fame under the alias of Mysterio, Beck's plan continued working. He eventually convinced Peter Parker into handing him over control of E.D.I.T.H., a sophisticated A.I. which Peter had inherited from Tony Stark that contained access to a global security network which included defense satellites with thousands of combat drones. The amount of drones Beck gained access to permitted him to stage an even bigger attack, an "Avengers-level threat" that would cement Beck's position as the world's biggest hero. For this attack, Beck used the drones to cast an illusion that all four Elementals had merged together into a single being and attacked the Tower Bridge in London. By this time, Spider-Man had discovered that Mysterio was a farce, and managed to neutralize many of the drones that were casting the holographic merged Elemental, compromising its believability, and eventually forcing Mysterio to drop the illusion altogether.
- The Water Elemental was based on Hydro-Man and identified as such in merchandise and promotional materials.
- According to a BuzzFeed article read by Flash Thompson, the Water Elemental could have been a sailor named Morris Bench who was allegedly mutated and gained hydro powers.
- 2 Appearances of Water Elemental (Earth-199999)
- Minor Appearances of Water Elemental (Earth-199999)
- Media Water Elemental (Earth-199999) was Mentioned in
- 2 Images featuring Water Elemental (Earth-199999)
- Quotations by or about Water Elemental (Earth-199999)
- Character Gallery: Water Elemental (Earth-199999)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|