Appearing in "The Magma Solution"
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "The Magma Solution"
Spider-Man fights Magma under the volcano. Meanwhile, Joy Mercado tries to flee with Charla and Seth, but they are stopped by Magma's men. Seeing that the best strategy at that moment is to flee, Spidey runs away leaving Joy and the rest in the hands of Magma.[Continuity 1]
Magma shows them the central complex and soon asks the young Seth to sit and keep doing his job. Magma explains that the boy is, though mentally deficient, what scientists call an idiot savant: he can formulate mathematical equations so advanced that the most sophisticated computers cannot match them. Joy also notices that the financing needed for this operation has been provided by the Roxxon corporation, as Magma himself further explains.
Then Peter Parker appears as a new hostage and is imprisoned together with Joy in a cell. They soon escape, knock out some guardians, and also free the boy and his mother. They go through the tunnels in search of an escape route, until the Magma's men find them and Peter gets separated, as he had planned so that he can act as Spider-Man again.
Spider-Man attacks Magma again, and during the battle, the lava blast of the villain provokes an unstoppable reaction in the complex. Explosion after explosion, the tunnels begin to collapse. Seth leaves to find Peter Parker until Spider-Man sees him and returns the boy to his mother. Just as Spider-Man sends Joy and the Hanks off, the tunnel collapses trapping Spider-Man inside. Just as the others get to safety, the entire complex explodes. Soon the National Guard arrive on the scene and begin providing relief to the people of Temple Corners. As Joy gains her bearings she fears the worst and wonders what happened to Peter Parker. Not far away, the tatters of Spider-Man's costume is among the debris.[Continuity 2]
In the end, Joy wonders if Peter was able to find a way out, or died on the mountain. Not far away,
Peter Parker's Appalachian assignment for NOW magazine concludes in a way that permanently affects the future of Spider-Man! Spidey defeats the terrible Magma—but at what cost? Featuring the final appearance of the red and blue suit!
|Missing in Action|
|Web of Spider-Man #16||Web of Spider-Man #17||Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man #117||Amazing Spider-Man #279||Web of Spider-Man #18|
- ↑ Spider-Man recalls his previous encounter with Magma in Marvel Team-Up #110.
- ↑ The epilogue of this story occurs concurrently in Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man #117 and Amazing Spider-Man #279.
A flashback in this story affects the chronology of the following characters:
- Flashback: Page 7, Panel 4 - Magma seemingly perishes after his battle against Iron Man.
- Flashback: Page 7, Panel 5-9 - Magma is recovered and recruited by Roxxon.
- * The last page of this issue is reprinted as the last page of a different story in Amazing Spider-Man #279 and in Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man #117..
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Web of Spider-Man Vol 1 17 on the forums
- 2 Image(s) from Web of Spider-Man Vol 1 17
- 1 Reprints of Web of Spider-Man Vol 1 17
|Like this? Let us know!|