- I am the ultimate self-induced mutation-- the living embodiment of the unknown-- of that which scientists have ever called "X"! I am the X-Man!
- -- X-Man
Appearing in "What If the Hulk Had Always Had Bruce Banner's Brain?"
- X-Man (First appearance)
- Rick Jones (First appearance)
- Betty Ross (First appearance)
- General Ross (First appearance)
- Fantastic Four (First appearance)
- Alicia Masters (First appearance)
- Igor Drenkov (First appearance)
- The Gargoyle (First appearance)
- Loki (First appearance)
- Galactus (First appearance)
- Hulk (Earth-616)
- Rick Jones (Earth-616)
- General Ross (Earth-616)
- Avengers (Earth-616) (Cameo)
Races and Species:
- Earth-774 (First appearance)
- Earth (First appearance)
- Asgard (First appearance)
- Isle of Silence (First appearance)
- Banner, Richards, and Xavier's Airship
Synopsis for "What If the Hulk Had Always Had Bruce Banner's Brain?"
Bruce Banner, Reed Richards and Charles Xavier constructed an improved version of Cerebro called the Psychotron which merged them physically and mentally into one being, X-Man. They were forced to use it (as it only worked once before blowing up), to defend the world from Galactus. They won the battle, at the expense of all of their super powers, and inadvertently turning Thing into a mindless monster, much like the Hulk.
- Sue states that Bloomingdale's gives a special discount to superheroes' wives.
- Uatu learns that there was another way to defeat Galactus instead of giving up the Ultimate Nullifier.
- The principal scenario, the Hulk being massive, green-skineed, and incredibly strong, while keeping Dr. Banner's memories, personality and intellect, was explored in the mainstream continuity, the MCU, and several other realities after this comic was first published. Banner under this state is usually called, officially or otherwise, "Professor Hulk."
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss What If? Vol 1 2 on the forums
- 22 Images from What If? Vol 1 2
- 1 Reprints of What If? Vol 1 2
|Like this? Let us know!|