- I guess what I'm trying to ask you in my typical stumble-mouthed fashion is: Ms. Stacy- will you marry me?
Appearing in "What If Gwen Stacy Had Lived?"
- Spider-Man-616 (Peter Parker) (Recap)
- Gwen Stacy-616 (Recap)
- Green Goblin (Recap)
- George Stacy (Mentioned)
- Doctor Octopus (Otto Octavius) (Mentioned)
- Mary Jane Watson (Mentioned)
- Joe "Robbie" Robertson
- Betty Brant
- Ned Leeds
- The Minister
- Officer Ingersol
Races and Species:
- Spider-Man's Web-Shooters
- Pumpkin Bomb
- Goblin Glider
- Spider-Man's Spider-Signal
- A Hand-Held Detonator
- A Daily Bugle Newspaper
Synopsis for "What If Gwen Stacy Had Lived?"
Instead of shooting a webline to Gwen from the edge of the Brooklyn Bridge, Spider-Man jumped off of the bridge himself to rescue her. After saving her, Peter reveals his identity and proposes to her.
During an encounter with Harry Osborn and Spider-Man a few days later, Harry learns of his father's identity as The Green Goblin. Norman had recorded an earlier encounter with Spidey, which revealed Peter's identity, and just as Norman decided to detonate the entire house to kill Spider-Man along with himself and his son, Harry attempts to give his life for him. Touched by the act, his Goblin persona dies, and he and Harry reunite.
Peter and Gwen get married, and at the end of the ceremony, J. Jonah Jameson bursts in with several police officers. Norman, under the guise of the Green Goblin, had submitted his tape of Peter's identity to the Daily Bugle, and J.J. meant to have him arrested. The police attempted to arrest Peter, but he escapes, and he's forced into hiding to protect the people he loves.
Appearing in "The First Eternals"
- Chronos (Discorporation)
Races and Species:
- A canister containing the cosmic energy which turned them into Eternals (Destruction)
Synopsis for "The First Eternals"
The origin of the Eternals is explained.
- In What If Gwen Stacy Had Lived? Gafford, Poplaski, Zalme and Albelo are credited with art assist.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss What If? Vol 1 24 on the forums
- 16 Image(s) from What If? Vol 1 24
- 4 Reprints of What If? Vol 1 24
|Like this? Let us know!|