- My war's nothing if I'm not in control. I'm nothing. And my war is more important to me than my life.
- -- The Punisher
Appearing in "What If... Venom Had Possessed the Punisher"
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
- Daredevil (Matt Murdock)
- Microchip (David Lieberman)
- Fantastic Four
- Moon Knight (Marc Spector)
- Roky Vance (Death)
- Tombstone (Lonnie Lincoln) (Death)
- Kingpin (Wilson Fisk) (Death)
- Typhoid Mary (Mary Walker)
- Alfred Coppersmith (Death)
- Arranger (Mentioned)
- Eddie Brock
- Linus Liberman Jr
- Maria Castle (Mentioned) (Death)
- S.H.I.E.L.D. (Mentioned)
- Reed Richards (Mentioned)
- West Coast Avengers (Mentioned)
- Venom (Eddie Brock, Earth-616) (Only in flashback) (Cameo)
- Venom (symbiote, Earth-616) (Only in flashback) (Cameo)
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker, Earth-616) (Only in flashback) (Cameo)
Synopsis for "What If... Venom Had Possessed the Punisher"
Frank Castle was at the church that Peter Parker ditched the Venom symbiote at, and as a result, became a more violent, powerful, and lethal version of the Punisher, killing Tombstone and the Kingpin. The symbiote began to use Frank's body while he slept, in an effort to take over his body. Spider-Man, along with the help of Daredevil and Moon Knight, learned about the symbiote's plans and confronted Frank.
From there, he began an internal struggle with the symbiote that he eventually won, by vowing to kill himself and the symbiote if he didn't regain control. The symbiote backed down, and Frank remained in control of it, his discipline intact. At that point, the other heroes let him go, worrying that they'd have bigger worries in the future than a more powerful Punisher, and that they might need his help.
|Like this? Let us know!|